How do I get over a guy I’ve liked for four years but never dated?

This guy and I liked each other for four years. It never became official, it was on and off and I tried going on dates with other people but at the end of the day he was always the one I wanted. He lives with a girl now and I just found out he has feelings for her. I kind of knew that and also expected that since it’s a guy getting super close with a girl... it’s bound to happen. She’s moving out this weekend and I thought it was weird that he was suddenly not wanting to go home with me. That’s when he told me he has feelings for her. He told me he likes me too and has for four years but he doesn’t feel like it would work. He can’t give me a reason why and it kills me. I feel like I can never get over him no matter how hard I try. All I want to do is talk to him but I’m afraid to get rejected again. Any advice?

10