Do long distance relationships last?

I'm dating this guy and I won't be seeing him for quite a few months. He's the flirtatious type and I'm worried it won't last. Thoughts? Do long distance relationships last?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance relationship do work, my boyfriend is in the army and I’m a military girlfriend, and we’re doing the long distance relationship, it’s going great he sends me letters every time he gets a chance, and we’re planning on getting married in the near future

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how the relationship started, for example if you've known the person since childhood, then you know who they really are, but a person you meet and get to know for a few months or years really isn't suitable for LDR or at least for most people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It can work. You have to put in a lot more work in it than usual to make it, though. And also don't fear that it won't last. Fear makes us do things that we think helps our situation, but is really doing the opposite. Be calm, and know that if it's meant to be, you won't and don't have to worry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how
    Much each other love or care for one another. If he is a flirty non loyal person he will cheat after the first few weeks. Depends on the individual I just had our one year wedding anniversary and we dated long distant until he moved down here where I was

0|0
    0|0
  • No long-distance does not work unless it's empty love...
    All 3 factors need to be consistent
    P
    Intimacy, Passion, Committment
    But empty love only requires 2 of those so Intimacy and Committement are needed...
    Passion will be whenever they see one another hahahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • I reckon they can last if you know the long distance isn’t forever. Me and my boyfriend were long distance for a year and a bit but I knew I would be moving so it made it easier. We’ve lasted two years and now live half an hour from eachother which is nice. I say go for it ☺️

0|1
    0|0
  • They can. You both just need to put in a bit of effort. Video call, keep in touch, put in time to stay in contact. Its not for everyone, but it is possible.

1|2
    0|0
  • Unless you're both looking to get married or be each other's last relationship then its going to end. Just enjoy it while it lasts

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do last if you work at it. you guys can Skype do regular phone calls , write letters send gifts etc.

0|4
    0|0
    • I'm in one and its hard work but worth it

• I'm glad to find at least one rational thinking person here.
      Most people always give wrong judgements to topics they don't know anything about..
      I second this.. It's hard but worth it..

• I agree its way worth it. Its rare to find someone who you can connect with and if you can make the distance work the relationship will be unstoppable

• I've had many long distance relationships and the longest I had was about 5 months and 27 days. The shortest was about sixteen hours because "they still had feelings for an ex"

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy. I think it's possible. I travel for work so all my relationships are long distance to some degree.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how committed you are really.
    Me and my boyfriend are past 3 months and we love each other.
    Just try to voice or video chat.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is really hard
    Trust me, if it is not genuine it would end soon
    but don't take it too far, so you don't get hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • It never works and if i'm being honest no one is loyal these days

0|0
    0|0
  • Long distance relationships aren’t practical.
    There’s a chance either of you will fall out of love or find someone new, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • The love will soon fade away if you're not gonna see each other anytime soon. Forget about calls and videos. Believe me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think if there's honest open communication then it can work as long as your moving towards being together

0|0
    0|0
  • If you really love each other it can, just try and text every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Long distance relationships are a terrible idea. If you can't see that person everyday and hold them, whats the point?

0|0
    1|0
  • Make sure first that u are gonna meet him i mean are u sure that u are gonna meet him after few months or he is just saying so

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does last but depends how sttong your relationship is

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Part of a relationship is the physical demand of it. Distance makes that impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. Jump ship immediately. All it will do is make you miserable. No one is loyal now days.

0|0
    1|1
  • They usually don't work out it's not the same as having a physical connection with someone

0|0
    0|0
    • Most physical relationships fail as well.. You just don't take as much notice to that because the physical contact distracts you.

• If he truly loves you he will be loyal

0|2
    0|1
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • NOOOO

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on u both how serious u both are

0|1
    0|0