Do long distance relationships last?

I'm dating this guy and I won't be seeing him for quite a few months. He's the flirtatious type and I'm worried it won't last. Thoughts? Do long distance relationships last?

1625

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance relationship do work, my boyfriend is in the army and I’m a military girlfriend, and we’re doing the long distance relationship, it’s going great he sends me letters every time he gets a chance, and we’re planning on getting married in the near future

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how the relationship started, for example if you've known the person since childhood, then you know who they really are, but a person you meet and get to know for a few months or years really isn't suitable for LDR or at least for most people.