Older Guys and Girls: How was the dating life back then? And How Has It Changed? Why Do You Think It Changed?

So basically, I know that things have changed in the way people date and their standards and everything. But I wasn't really around during the 90's 80's 70's etc etc. So how did men/women act back then? Was it better or worse than it is now?
TBH, from my perspective it seems like people are really careless now, people think its lame to actually care or to actually love someone. People don't take marriage seriously. People now are just really really shallow. W as it always like this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Feminism and technology have both had a hand in with killing the dating-game... In 2000-2006, guys (I) could approach women in public and it not be aquard... Now you can't ask a Wal-Mart employee where the chipotle-sauce is without her pre-assuming that you are just trying to get laid.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You don't have to go back too far and people seem different. These days guys seem like cucks and pussies and the girls seem like sluts. Having a fuck buddy seems standard now and every 14 year old posting on here seems to be asking about anal sex to have with their 10th boyfriend. So yeah things seem different I am so glad I missed this by 5-10 years. Oh and then you have the whole fad of being a special label of gender and sexuality that never existed a few years ago.

1|0
    0|0
    • I didn't like your words much and now this opinion.. Just made me follow you..

• No. It is worse now except that it is now easier to find a BF/GF.
    When I was a kid, there was no Internet and we had to do it the old-fashioned way - through personal contact. However, people didn't usually just date around. You got one boyfriend or girlfriend and that was it until you broke up. "Playing the field" was not common.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you're younger it seems more based on physical stuff than actual feelings, which was the same when I was younger. We just had different ways to communicate then

1|0
    0|0
  • It's all the same. Just technology makes it a little easier today

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes