Do guys usually reply to a text sent after a first date?

I have sent guys in the past (those that I like and may need encouragement) a text after a first date telling them how much fun I had etc. Most have responded either positively (second date) or have wished me well. This recent guy who i know has been single for awhile after a divorce-did not reply to my text. My friends thought that was weird. Thoughts?

239

Most Helpful Guy

• Many guys like myself might feel uneasy when girls text back after first date after being a single for a really long time, our first reaction feeling sick to stomach because first crush is texting you (or so we may think) we wish to be the man that doesn't want to ruin the moment by saying something wrong, most of the times questions will be left answered to later date to gather courage. At least thats how i feel.

• Thanks! Hope that’s the case with this guy. Time will tell. At least I made his day if anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• He could think that you are clingy if you message too soon, or feel like he doesn’t have to chase after you since you are showing that you are already ‘caught.’ Try to wait to see if the guy will message you first after a date.

• Just sent a light, sweet text. Do NOT intend to send any other texts. I don’t chase guys.