Do guys usually reply to a text sent after a first date?

I have sent guys in the past (those that I like and may need encouragement) a text after a first date telling them how much fun I had etc. Most have responded either positively (second date) or have wished me well. This recent guy who i know has been single for awhile after a divorce-did not reply to my text. My friends thought that was weird. Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Many guys like myself might feel uneasy when girls text back after first date after being a single for a really long time, our first reaction feeling sick to stomach because first crush is texting you (or so we may think) we wish to be the man that doesn't want to ruin the moment by saying something wrong, most of the times questions will be left answered to later date to gather courage. At least thats how i feel.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! Hope that’s the case with this guy. Time will tell. At least I made his day if anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• He could think that you are clingy if you message too soon, or feel like he doesn’t have to chase after you since you are showing that you are already ‘caught.’ Try to wait to see if the guy will message you first after a date.

0|0
    0|0
    • Just sent a light, sweet text. Do NOT intend to send any other texts. I don’t chase guys.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He’s nuts if he don’t reply me being single and not dating for six years would reply that same second you send me a message

1|0
    0|0
    • And he’s super short too. You would think a text from a pretty girl would make him answer ASAP.

• Show All
    • I could say this much i have been single and celibate for x years I would love to be in a relationship as of right now he’s lucky to have you but he’s being stupid and immature he should grow a pair before he looses you

• Ha! Yes, fear is the worst... ☹️

• In my opinion, when a girl tells me that she was happy with the date, that actually makes me happy too

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes,, text was totally cute... would have put a smile on my face for sure 😊 Well, if anything I made his day.

• It's really nice and courteous for a girl to send a text after a first date, especially if it was the guy that took the initiative and asked the girl out. I've always responded to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just another way of showing a lack of interest for another date. In modern dating site banter this is basically the norm in my experience. If they don't like you enough they'll just start ignoring you and hope you stop bothering them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven't been on one in a while, but if that were me, this would have made me smile and sure enough you would get a reply. At the end of the day if he's trying to play it cool and can't be bothered to reply, it's his loss.

1|0
    0|0
  • He might just be busy and thus slow responding back. But we need more information to know the reasons.

The message needs to have value and warrant a response. Most girls suck really bad at this and just say hey hows it going etc.

If he is a quality guy that can attract other women, small details can make the difference...

0|0
    0|0
    • No, it was not a simple hi text. Said I enjoyed the date and made a cute reference to his weekend trip with his buddies. Again, ball is in his court. Keeping my options OPEN...

• Not weird, he's either playing games, busy, crap at small talk or not interested (Or he lost his phone). Chill and if he responds he responds and remember, if he's playing games then it takes to to play... If you stop playing at least the games end. Much love

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a clingy son of a bitch, it's getting me NOT to reply that's the trick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he was just not interested or he was expecting much from it. Dont overthink things. 👍😁

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi how are you. im ram from Chennai. Tamil guy looking for nice friends. Would you like to meet good nice friend your welcome. very happy to start with your relationship...

0|0
    1|0
  • I would hope so.. Perhaps the date didn't go so well. I'm confused on the may need encouragement thing though.

0|0
    0|0
    • What I mean is I have met shy guys in the past and knew with certainty they were scared to ask me out again. When I showed interest with a follow-up text, they would reach out and thank me. You could see the sign of relief. 😜

• I'll take your word for it lol.

• Yeah I'd reply, sounds a bit odd not to though.

1|0
    0|0
    • Right? Was not necessarily expecting a second date but something! My girlfriends were all shocked. Thought it was rude.

• I think we need more context to this situation... has he still not responded? Did the date go Well? Did you send warranting a response?

0|0
    0|0
    • I really think the date went well. I could sense he was a bit introverted and has been single for a long time. Hence why I sent the first text to show my interest. The match is still open online and he has my digits if he wants to take the leap. Not waiting for him...

• After your text he must have felt good, so he had replied to you, its ovious he enjoyed and had fun with you

0|0
    0|0
  • No reply just means he's not interested. A little rude but there you go

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy texting 24/7 even after a first date and after every date to ensure that she had a fun time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah that is weird. He's probably ghosting on you. Also isn't the guy supposed to send the 1st text?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but this guy is shy and has been out of the dating scene in years. I know-no excuses. I have dated other shy men and knew they liked me but had zero confidence to ask me out a second time. Sucks being a guy.

• I reply

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you think he’s maybe ambivalent? Has not closed our match either. I suspect he’s a bit shy too, which I don’t mind and why I texted first.

• Maybe uninterested

• Could be? Time will tell. 👍

• Yeah normaly

1|0
    0|0
  • I do, if the girl was a nice person

0|0
    0|0
  • No guys always reply lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Actions speak louder than words

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes yes we do

1|0
    0|0
  • i did

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes Offcourse

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • They should if they're interested they will.

0|0
    0|0
  • No offence

0|0
    0|0
  • I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i do

0|0
    0|0
  • In would if I ever have the chance of a 1st date

0|0
    0|0
  • yes but everyone is different

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, we would normally be glad too

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we do text back if we had as much fun as you

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I usually reply to any text😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do, but women typically don't

0|0
    0|0
    • Then I’m not your typical gal because if a guy calls me and I’m not interested-I thank him and wish him well. Common courtesy and good karma. 😊

• Guys reply to any text any time.

0|0
    0|0
  • 7010794827 whatsapp

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes