Why does the guy I’m dating now who is from El Salvador remind me of another guy I dated from Argentina. How do I get past it?

A couple years ago I briefly dated a guy from Argentina, moved to the US. He was 28, I was 21. He used me for sex, my car, whatever else, took something I was going through at the time with my family and used it to manipulate me since I was vulnerable. And he’d talk and see other women behind my back. I feel to blame since towards the end I knowingly put myself through it. My gut told me he was a piece of pile but I ignored it. I was over it until...

... I met this really great guy. At least that’s what my gut is saying and I just think he really is. 10 years older. ... maybe it’s because he’s from El Salvador and has a Spanish accent and speaks more Spanish than English like the guy from Argentina did... but I keep having flashbacks and fears of that guy from Argentina and he is reminding me of him. They both kiss kinda the same too, like they do this kiss on the cheek thing and put their face cheek to cheek with mine and kiss my cheek. And he is incredibly sweet, like the other guy was initially. And how they word things since they can’t speak English fully, is so much Alike. I’m just so afraid he is going to use me or be like that other guy but I have no reason to think that besides that he reminds me of him. Is this stupid? Or? How do I get past this? I don’t want to ruin things.

01