How do I express myself without hurting others feelings?

I've been living with my boyfriend for 5 months and I have a thing about wanting to try light bondage. He keeps neglecting that it's something I want to try. Is it selfish that it hurts my feelings when he brushes it off? I don't know how express this feeling without making him feel inadequate.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's not selfish I feel we should all be comfort to express our needs with our partner.

Try to wrestle with him, tell him he will have to hold you down or you won't stop. Then tell him how bad he is driving you crazy in that moment, and you will do anything he wants in return now.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmm, that sounds like a good idea

• Also... having that convo outside of the bedroom would work too. Don't say certain things during sex. It can ruin the mood real quick.

• Maybe you only brought it up casually and he's a little dense and didn't catch on so you should be more direct about it with out being overbearing.

Also he may not want to try it cause it may repulse him

0|0
    0|0
    • I have been more direct about my wanting to experiment outside of the bedroom. He expressed wanting to do it too, but when we have sex it never happens.

The problem is that I have done everything I can to bring it up, but I don't know how not to be overbearing about at this point.

• Show All
    • Thank you for your time. This was our first big fight, and this helps me learn a new perspective. What would you do in this situation?

• Honestly I'm kind of sadistic and enjoy the domination but maybe he respects you too much to disgrace you in such a way like he's trying to keep you innocent or something

• He needs to feel inadequate

1|0
    0|0
    • Why does one have to feel inadequate to learn perspective?

• Because he’s too stupid to learn any other way

Recommended myTakes