Was it really messed up for my room mate to say?

i was at the hospital over night and when i came home, i told my room mate i was going to sleep on the couch because i was having anxiety and i feel more comfortable sleeping on the couch. she then says "because your room is a mess"? i just moved in and i understand that i havnt organized it yet but thats because i was going through a lot. my mom says "why does she care what your room looks like" anyway, my question is, was that rude for her to say because i just got back from the hospital.

48

Most Helpful Girl

• I can see why it may come off as like, passive aggressive and rude but it really depends on how she said it. I know my previous room mate at uni (who is also a close friend of mine) also said something similar to me before, but then I realized he likely didn't try to say it in some malicious manner and that it was more a form of bantering. If she said it in a bitchy condescending way then yeah, it was rude but I wouldn't read too much into it and you are right, it is none of her business. There is no right or wrong to have your own personal room. Whatever helps or works for you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it was rude. Maybe remind her that your room is ur territory/maybe keep ur door shut/locked if she's going to bitch about your room like that?