Is it a turn off if a girl is still living with their family?

A guy at a wedding asked if I lived with housemates and I said no, I recently moved back home with family to save some money to buy my own place.

He went quiet and just politely agreed that it’s a good idea. He lived with housemates. Was that a turn off to him that I lived with family? How do guys feel about that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn´t consider that off putting by any means and would completely, and in fact do agree completely with your idea. The best option to live by yourself is when you have bought your own home, because at some point the person that is renting a house may wish to sell it or use it for another activity, and then, what are you going to do? You are completely right, if you have nothing of your own, better live with your parents till you can afford to buy something for you, i would have agreed and continued with the conversation, if he stoped because of that, he is obviously an idiot.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. If she has a plan to get her own place and is only living with family temporarily, then that's NOT a turn off. But if she doesn't have a plan, then yes - it's a turn off. I'd prefer a woman who's more independent (or at least wants to be). It's nice to live with family for a little while, at least until you get back on your feet. However, staying there with no end date in sight makes you pathetic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys usually do not care one bit about this sort of things. Only women are judgmental about wealth.
    Unless if you give that strong independent woman speech though, that would be a turn off because of how hypocritical that would sound.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not a turn off why does that matter? None of that matters not even if the girl has money its about the girl and how we feel about her. And these days on top of it everyone is at home living with their family lol. The economy is horrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope but who cares
    Cuz at the end. you will live with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really they prob are just looking for a private place where you can hang out

0|0
    0|0
  • Not to me but I can see why some guys would be turned off by it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it is. Save that money and you do you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't speak for other guys, but it's a turn off for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not enough loners to go around, make a stand with your man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Its the norm in asia

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this a serious question?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah a little bit if not in college

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes