Advice on my situation?

I had a crush on a girl. It was about 5 or 6 months ago. She has a boyfriend, and I thought I moved on from it. But I still like her. Cause whenever she's near me (which is at least twice a week); my heart starts racing, she's constantly on my mind (not in a creepy way), and she always makes me smile. I'm not sure what to do. What should I do?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been through the same thing. It just takes time. Sometimes it's months, sometimes it's a year or two, but you'll move on trust me.

In the meantime that's okay -you're young, Wolf, and having the love aspect of your life occupied by a hopeless crush can actually be beneficial. Focus on yourself and your friends - forge bonds that will last you a lifetime, because the truth is dating in high school is rarely long-term, but those friends you draw closer and closer to will be there a long time from now

• I make friends that are incredibly unhelpful. They don't know anything. They always come to me for help with easy things. I'm trying to make some friends that are actually smarter than my other friends. But it's difficult cause they don't check their email daily.

• They'll come to know many things - you guys are young, and even if you feel smarter than them now they'll eventually catch up. They're enjoying their youth. Besides, how smart or well-read you are rarely has anything to do with how good of a friend you are.

Go on an adventure, Wolf. Go camping, or exploring in some local area. Find a cave, or an abandoned house - get lost in the woods and find your way back. Live your life before school really catches up to you - because it will lol

You've still got your high school years ahead of you, but it's never too early to start. If you focus on making your life fun and more fulfilling without worrying about a girl, you're going to have a much better chance when the next girl you like comes along

• I enjoy school. My friends are smart but they don't know much about real life. My most trusted friend always comes to me for advice about her boyfriend. She's not the smartest, but she's trustworthy.

Most Helpful Girl

• You will get over her in a time. Until then you can fantasize about her.

• I'm trying to make more friends and she's actually one of the people that came to mind. I'm not doing it so I can ask her out or anything. I asked some of her friends as well. Me and her are in Chorus together. I'm friends with everyone in my chorus class except her and her two friends in my chorus class.