How do I gain attention from females without reducing myself to f-boy levels?

Im a down to earth guy, im nice, respectful and a conversationalist. I like to show interest in females minds sometimes, more than there looks. I think im a good guy, have never hit a female and never would, have never disrespected a female and again, never would. I want something true and real but i can never seem to attract the attention of females. My social skills are not great when around people i don't know, im shy and fear what ever i do will make me look bad. I know i should be more assertive in some situations but its really hard for me to do.

How do i find love? it seems like no matter what i do i can't seem to attract anyone. Girls, i would very much appreciate and value your responses and advice.

12