How do I gain attention from females without reducing myself to f-boy levels?

Im a down to earth guy, im nice, respectful and a conversationalist. I like to show interest in females minds sometimes, more than there looks. I think im a good guy, have never hit a female and never would, have never disrespected a female and again, never would. I want something true and real but i can never seem to attract the attention of females. My social skills are not great when around people i don't know, im shy and fear what ever i do will make me look bad. I know i should be more assertive in some situations but its really hard for me to do.

How do i find love? it seems like no matter what i do i can't seem to attract anyone. Girls, i would very much appreciate and value your responses and advice.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• By not trying too hard. Girls know this and they'll think you're not being yourself, that you're faking it, and it can come off as weird. First impressions do last, especially with girls you're approaching for the first time. So, relax. Try to be yourself so you won't send a different message she might misunderstand. I know you don't have bad intentions and you seem chill.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for you're response. I have trouble approaching females because i have a major fear of rejection. I never try to be someone im not but i still havnt had a girlfriend in 4 years and i just don't know what im doing wrong. I am genuine and down to earth. I guess im just really lonely and it would be nice to have some companionship.

• Show All
    • My biggest issue is that i am unable to start conversations very well. Once im in one, i can talk for days about my interests and those of the other person. Its that barrier or actually starting the conversation.

• Practice. And learn to do small talk. There really is no magic shortcut for this, you just have to practice. Once you start talking with a girl, the conversation usually flows, so don't worry too much about it.

• You're going to be labelled as a "player" or "fuckboy" nowadays unless you're only seen having interest at one female within how ever long period of a time, not sure why, but it's like we can only have one interest per so long or we're players.

Would love to hear what women have to say about this.

0|0
    0|0
  • All those things about being nice, respectful and never hitting a girl is expected of you anyway. It just means you're a decent human being, not that you're boyfriend material. You should be doing that stuff anyway! For boyfriend material you have to go above that. Main thing is having a personality and saying what you think. When you say what you think your personality will come out. (Ofc the more charming the better). The problem is NOT that you're a "nice guy". Your main problem right now is you're quiet and fearful. You need to be more charming, free to do whatever you want and yes, assertive and girls will follow. I know it's easier said than done but it's the only way. I used to be like you, I don't know if you do, but I had social anxiety so the symptoms were same as yours. I put myself in situations that were really hard for me, got out of my comfort zone and just by keeping it up I got more confident and I can indeed say it worked!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes