To all the singles out there. Are you “love sick” often?

I don’t really understand why I have phases where I am completely love sick. I think about being in love and being intimate for one-two weeks straight then suddenly get myself together, and then continue my life like those thoughts never cross my mind. I can go on for weeks, and then it comes lurking back on me for some days. This happens all the time. It is a cycle that I can’t to shake off. I want to just be happy with being alone, but it is so hard sometimes. Sometimes I love it, other times I hate it.
Been single for two years and six months. All my sisters are in relationships, the same with all my friends.

Any advice on how I can stop getting “love sickness”?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not "human" to be alone all the time. That doesn't mean you have to be in an intimate relationship, but you need to build a close bond with someone or with multiple people. It just so happens that the easiest way to accomplish this is by having intimate relationships.

What can you do? Find a person or group of people that you can connect with on a deeper level. Develop relationships where you don't necessarily need a specified activity in order to spend time together. Conversation - real, deep conversation - is bonding, possibly even closer than physical bonding. I believe that is the bond we actually miss.

We can share our souls with another person physically if it's done properly, but we also can (and should in intimate relationships as well) share through conversation.

• Thank you so much for this post. This set things in perspective. I am trying to get new friends. That is one of my goals cause I none of my friends actually have time for me anymore. So I am trying to find friends right now that I can be close with a build a bond. I am taking this advice with me! :)

• I'm happy if this was helpful.