Asked a friend if he likes me, he kinda rejected me, how do I avoid an awkward situation?

we are close friends and 2 months go he started a super demanding job, he is basically there mon-fri from 9:00-24:00, i had the feeling he liked me and then after some time i started liking him...
i never told him directly i am into him but i wrote stuff like "i already miss u, when we didn't see each other for 2 weeks"...
last week i randomly texted him "i know this is out of the blue but do you like me "more"?" he replied "i do not want a relationship right now, but i do like you a lot and our friendship means a lot to me" my reply "i understand, you are a great person and i want you to be happy. i just always need certainty to move on with something "
just saw he texted me after a week of no contact. i don't want to pretend nothing happened and behave as usual, i want to get distance to get over it. how do i manage this situation so it's not too awkward?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would say you dont have to pretend it didn't happen but dont make an effort to bring it up. Try to keep your conversations short and try not to dwell on his response as much. If you still want to be friends with him then be as casual as you can and dont go out of your way to talk to him or ignore him. Whether you like it or not its out there and won't be forgotten and you ARE brave for sharing your feelings.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes