What do I do? I love him?

My boyfriend is the total package, he's a country guy and is from a small town. He drives an hour to see me, pays for my meals, walks to the door to get me, keeps the convo going, is pretty shy (not really anymore) Supports me whenever I'm down (especially while bowling, cause I keep getting gutter balls? But there's a couple of things that bother me, he was telling me that he feels bad about hunting deer, and such. But he almost threw a rock at a bird when we were on a hike he said "Will you give me 10 dollars if I hit this bird" And I told him no not to do it. He threw the rock but it didn't hit the bird, and he was saying how he feeds the barn cats and he picks them up by the tails and threw them? He has a dog (farm dog) who he always brings food too, but is this just a guy thing? He is so sweet to his family, always puts them first. He does have a little of a temper to him. He hunts and fishes. He carries a pocket knife with him cause he says "you'll never know when you need it for self defense
He was raised in a small town. Has a full time job and farms. He has a good relationship with his friends, and his family. He does get stoned quite often. But is this something I should worry about?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• @reptocarl
    It should help, because it's a mental issue and they target the source. I have experience with it, I took time out to get to know why and find a solution, unlike some people.
    You have to look at how they also became that way, not everyone had a peachy life growing up. It's stupid to ignore those people or disown them, nobody is perfect. Everyone wonders why mental illness is an issue, nobody wants to talk it out with them or help them, no you disown them and make them feel more like shit, great idea. A boy kept having anger attacks and they found the source in his brain and fixed it, he now doesn't have anger attacks anymore. There's many reasons and solutions; (I had to comment here because the other option kept telling me sorry to try again later).

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe. It kind of sounds like he is trying to project a certain image that he doesn't have a good basis for. We say things and do things that we think look or sound masculine, cool, or assertive. A lot of times we are wrong. Don't give him any sort of reaction when he does stuff like that. He might take your negative reaction as playful.