Are you attracted to people who look similar to you or different?

I always wondered about this. Everyone has a type, but do you think there is a pattern?

For instance, I read somewhere that people are atrracted to those with different hair or eye colors, but I'm actually attracted to dark brown, wavy hair and blue eyes - the exact combination that I have. What about you guys?
  • Are you attracted to people who look similar to you or different??I am attracted to people with different hair and eyes than myself
  • Are you attracted to people who look similar to you or different??I am attracted to people with similar hair and eyes to myself

94

Most Helpful Guy

• In nature like attracts like. Opposites attract in Hollywood.

There's more potential for a good story if you have conflict. An odd pair is a good example. "Will they make it?" Is what we think and want to continue watching.

However like+like makes for a much more sustainable relationship and we are naturally attracted to people similar to us.

People who are attracted to the opposite of themselves are adventurous or they might harbor a fantasy about certain tipes, if these things are mutually exclusive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, i have brown hair and green eyes, and i love men with dark hair and blue/green eyes. so yup, i guess it's true about similarity. But really in the end, i don't really care if he has purple hair and red eyes, as long as i love him.