Why do some girls think I'm very attractive and some think I'm actually ugly at the same time?

I was in the football team in college, and we had regular events with sororities on campus. It got out at one point that this one sorority actually rated all the guys on the team for fun or whatever. I was hurt when i read some of the comments about me. Some girls rated me as low as a 2 and said I was "dopey" and "ugly." The weird thing is that some other girls said I was "handsome" and "beast-like" and rated me as high as a 9.

This has always made me worry I am the ugly guy who girls rate as a 2. I actually punch above my weight in dating and have had some amazing girls want to be with me. But the doubt remains. How can I be a 2 and a 9 to some girls at the same time?

3