Why do some girls think I'm very attractive and some think I'm actually ugly at the same time?

I was in the football team in college, and we had regular events with sororities on campus. It got out at one point that this one sorority actually rated all the guys on the team for fun or whatever. I was hurt when i read some of the comments about me. Some girls rated me as low as a 2 and said I was "dopey" and "ugly." The weird thing is that some other girls said I was "handsome" and "beast-like" and rated me as high as a 9.

This has always made me worry I am the ugly guy who girls rate as a 2. I actually punch above my weight in dating and have had some amazing girls want to be with me. But the doubt remains. How can I be a 2 and a 9 to some girls at the same time?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Because girls are highly varied in our tastes. Some girls like little zippy boys who weigh less than them, some girls like ugly, gruesome monsters with muscle busting out all over the place. The girls who like zippy boys thought you were a 2, the ones who like monsters think you're a 9.

0|0
    0|0
  • To each their own. I've been told that I'm beautiful, but I also know that some people find me unattractive because I don't fit usual beauty standards. And also because I can't look good to everyone, that's impossible

0|0
    0|0
    • What has always made me self-conscious is knowing that some girls honestly thought I was ugly. It didn't make it better that some thought I was great, because we always tend to believe the negative more.

• Preference. Girls have weird taste.

0|0
    0|0
    • I get that, but why such a wide range? Some think I'm actually ugly. And yet I have dated girls who are so pretty I wonder what they see in me.

• As I said girls have weird taste, it's never universal.

• I know, but that range of opinion is still odd to me. When I look at girls I don't think in a dichotomy like they're either ugly or a supermodel.

Recommended myTakes