Common places people meet who they end up dating? Where should I start?

I've spent a large majority of my life as an outcast/hermit up until March of 2017 at age 25. Then I outgrew my shyness, made friends, but they we're younger than me & I outgrew most of them. I don't have a car or my license, but I'm working on it. What are the most common places you've met your spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend, etc? I've been told about the pitfalls of online dating & how it's basically like trying to win the lottery at this point, so I don't think it'll go over too well for me if I try that. Recommendations? I do have depression/social anxiety, but over the past year I've kinda self taught myself how to overcome the anxiety part. I'm not sure if it's confidence or me just being dumb & not knowing how to stay in my own league, but if I find any woman attractive I have no issues talking to them, now whether it comes off as creepy or not I don't know. I've never had a girlfriend or dated before, so any advice on that as well would be appreciated.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well good places to meet a woman that can be potential good partners would be parks, museums, libraries, any place devoted to intelectual activity and pursuits bo be honest, or just having fun close to nature. These are the places that cater to the generally good women you would want to invest your time into. But workplace could be also a good place to meet someone interesting, but it would be more dangerous because it could ruin your professional situation if people discover you are having a relationship with someone of your workplace and it could stimulate gossips and other undesirable consequences. About approaching, approach anyone you find interesting and give you the opening to do so, if you get rejected, fine, just move on, or you can land land the luck of the draw, so just try to initiate a conversation, if it goes well , good for you, if not, just be polite and go away, no big problem.

0|0
    0|0
    • True. I guess my issues involve what I perceive to be my physical appearance. I don't think I'm that good looking of a guy, maybe I'm just shallow or unconfident. I see myself as a 4. Here's the thing that I don't understand if I see myself this way, I still have no qualms with talking to somebody I see out of my "league" if I find a girl attractive I have no issues with talking to her. As you said, there's nothing wrong with at least trying. Thanks for your input.

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes