Common places people meet who they end up dating? Where should I start?

I've spent a large majority of my life as an outcast/hermit up until March of 2017 at age 25. Then I outgrew my shyness, made friends, but they we're younger than me & I outgrew most of them. I don't have a car or my license, but I'm working on it. What are the most common places you've met your spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend, etc? I've been told about the pitfalls of online dating & how it's basically like trying to win the lottery at this point, so I don't think it'll go over too well for me if I try that. Recommendations? I do have depression/social anxiety, but over the past year I've kinda self taught myself how to overcome the anxiety part. I'm not sure if it's confidence or me just being dumb & not knowing how to stay in my own league, but if I find any woman attractive I have no issues talking to them, now whether it comes off as creepy or not I don't know. I've never had a girlfriend or dated before, so any advice on that as well would be appreciated.

01