Is it illegal to date her?

This girl I've been talking to for a few days now is 17 in June and i will be 21 in a few days. Do you guys think it is wrong for us to date even if we dont have sex until she is of legal age?

34

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• In what jurisdiction do the two of you live?

• USA and more specifically texas

• The age of consent on Texas is 17. You may not intend to have sex with her while she is underage, but if you can't wait 4-5 weeks to date her, that suggests that sex may be a part of the equation. Even if it is not a part of your conscious plan, those things have a way of happening anyway. And if you don't have sex until after she is 17, you will still be subvject to suspicion by others.