Should Online Dating Be Considered Real?

Should Online Dating Be Considered Real?
Unlike tinder, where you meet someone online and then meet in person, a relationship completely online with no physical contact but f2f video chat and calls, would you consider it real? Why?
  • Yes, It should be
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it leaves too much up to imagination, when the pair doesn't meet in real life. In my opinion online dating can be very deceiving, because people can hide sides of themselves better than IRL and dictate how the other person perceives them. I wouldn't personally call it a relationship before the two have really met.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well I am on Second Life, that is a virtual world
      And I seen some of them go with it, over all its true its easier to hide maybe part of you, but what I wonder on that is 2 things I like to know on your opion
      1. If they hide it all the time they will know each other, dose it matter if they have a more dark side? dose that turn it to less of a relationship? I mean even if its all imagination, in the end will it matter if its all they ever know?
      2. How long can someone hold it before they take it out, and even that it may be easier online its also something that can happen offline no? so where is the deference?

• It's not my business if someone else thinks it's as good of a relationship as any. I just wouldn't personally call it a relationship, because I can't develop love without seeing and feeling their physical presence.

• Alright, that completely fair, meant more to ask how you see it, not how they see it

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not consider it to be equivalent to offline dating, for there are elements from the real world that do not translate well, or even at all, into the virtual one. Yet I could consider such dating relations real, just on a different tier.

0|0
    0|0
    • Now on to relations that go beyond dating: No, I would not consider these real. The afore-mentioned loss of some elements is simply too drastic in this case. Furthermore a primary attribute of romantic partnerships is that they fulfill a person's need for physical closeness. You are free to disagree, but as far as I am concerned that is part of the definition. So if that need cannot be fulfilled it cannot be a romantic partnership as something inherent to that is missing.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It depends
    I was led on , and thought it was so real , and my heart was in place , but the other side just called it nothing one day.
    So , it depends on the person

0|1
    0|0
  • Keep trying to get those girls. It's fun trying. But quantum mechanics tells us that her tits are not real nore are we anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think yes
    I did ask this my self a while back:
    Is a virtual relationship as "real" as a Real life one? ↗

And over all what I think is that yes they completely are
    In the end your not in a relationship with someone body, you are in a relationship with them, that means with who they are not what they are
    And I seen it going on in Second Life few times, some times it leaks from there to RL, but not always, and at times they make a family (with kids and a shared house some times with a pony) and its just as real I think like it will be with flesh and blood body meet

0|1
    0|0
  • You never fully know whose really hiding behind the computer. that's all I can say

0|1
    0|0
  • That's how Long Distance Relationships work 😂
    Consider it real or not - personally I don't care

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if you meet in person. Virtual dating is not dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It's entirely online.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, It should be

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is real if you met in person yes. Nowadays saying I want to meet in person doesn't make sense at all! A friend introduces you, you met him online or in a newspaper honestly it doesn't mean anything. If you click you click. I was in a relationship with a guy I met at my university it was painful as fuck. I met my now boyfriend online and I love him we are planning to get married he is literally the best and I consider myself lucky I have found him thanks to online dating lol.
    Fun fact : my mom met my father online , well I'm their kid I'm here a real proof. I met my boyfriend online its going great. My brother met his wife on Instagram 😂

Online dating is real babe - but of course you have to met as soon as you can- to consider it a real dating. If let's say you talk online for weeks or months and never met that's not dating. I think...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes