He unblocked me. What does it mean?

Hi! I met a guy online 6 months ago. For the first 2 months, things really hit it off but we were not in the same location and couldn't meet. I'm suspicious about guys I only know online and I ended up scaring him away. We stopped speaking.

Weeks later, we were in the same location and I randomly texted him to meet up. He accepted but flaked very last minute telling me he was seeing someone else. I just wished him the best and didn't contact him again. 2 weeks later he contacted me saying he was no longer seeing the other person and if I still wanted to meet. I accepted and we met. We had a great time together in a bar, he was all over me but we didn't have sex.

However, in the next days he blocked me on social media and on WhatsApp. No reason given. I moved on.

More than a month later, he texted me on one of those social media asking sorry for blocking me. Said he didn't do it, it was his ex. I remained blocked on other social media and WhatsApp. Needless to say I thought he wasn't giving me the full story. When I questioned it, he stopped answering. Again, I didn't chase him after that, I just left it.

Now I can see he unblocked me on WhatsApp but haven't texted me. I wonder what does it mean? I have my thoughts about it but would like to get view from outside the situation. Thx!

01