Why do many people think guys should always make the move / text first?

I've seen many comments here on GAG that express opinions saying guys should always text first or make the move first.

I kinda found it debatable because my rule of thumb is, if you are interested, you text first, regardless of gender. We all know its not easy to talk to someone you like. But many thought that guys find it easier to text first when actually its quite nerve-juicing (from my own experience) and it is for the opposite gender too.

Also, in the face of equality, girls can also text first. Moreover, there is no hard and fast rule dictating who texts or makes the first move.

A penny for your thoughts?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I absolutely agree. I've seen girls on here say that guys should always text first and that's... like, I don't get it. If you genuinely appreciate someone, it doesn't matter who texts first, but it shouldn't always be guys. It's entirely different when a guy or a girl is shy or anxious, that's respectable. This is just getting stupid. Both girls and guys should get equally involved, not just guys.

0|1
    0|0
  • I understand what you mean but at the same time I also like when guys text first becuase it shows that they want to talk to you and that they are thinking of you. I am a very insecure girl and like when guys text first becuase I feel as tho they don’t want to talk to me or I am bothering them.

0|1
    0|0
  • My girlfriend texted me first

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes