Did I just went for a date? I'm super new to this so I'm clueless with the whole dating thing?

So I've lost a crap ton of weight which has definitely improved my looks.

So I met a guy at church who goes to the same uni as me & he asked if I've got fb & that we should have coffee sometime. He added me and yesterday we went for coffee which was super unplanned because he didn't plan where to have it.

I felt like it was an ok time because we get along and share interest but there was no spark yet obviously. Also he paid for everything which made me feel awkward.

Anyway, I hugged him to say goodbye and he said we should catch up again.

I messaged him on fb saying thanks and that we should catch up after his test on Thursday. He didn't reply and he didn't even open the message but he's online.

What could this mean? Be honest.

And was this a date?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• He may be prioritizing something over your message for the time being. I wouldn't take this personally unless it's been more than a day and/or he opened your message but didn't reply to it for that period of time as well. To your other question whether what you experienced at the coffee shop was a date or not, I'd say no because he didn't plan ahead of time for it and I'm sure you two had intentions of simply providing a friendly conversation with one another. It is awkward that he paid for everything as usually both people pay for their own drinks in a friendly visit but he may have done this out of courtesy since it was coffee and nothing fancy.