How is your experience with dating apps?

How is your experience as a girl, and as a guu on apps like Tinder, as a guy is really hard to get matches and even harder to retain the attention of one, at least in my case. I can imagine that girls have a lot more matches and it must be boring for you to talk to all of them, specially with questions like "how are you doing", so can you tell me what makes you want to talk to someone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Given up with them. Pointless they are these days. I have tried many times to get a convo going and I just get ignored even when making a joke.

I put effort in my messages but yet I get nothing back and get no matches.

Apps these days I think are 80% based on looks

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I had tinder once, but the guy I was talking to on it told me that I wasn’t tinder material and that guys would take advantage of me, so he told me I should delete the app. And so I did. That’s my experience with Tinder.

1|4
    0|0
    • And so you let a stranger dictate your actions. Well done. Now go learn to be in control of your feelings and actions despite what others throw at you.

• Show All
    • And if you intend to give advice, it may help if you do it in a way that isn’t sarcastic, so that it well be well received and not demeaning to the person receiving it. Notice that I didn’t respond back to you, “now go learn to give advice to people who actually need it and want your advice,” as that could be taken as rather rude even if it’s true. Just for fun, I’m going to take the liberty to re-write your comment: “Thia, it might have been wise to listen to advice from a stranger this one time. But please be careful not to let others dictate your actions in the future. If you let others control your feelings and actions then you’ll be on an emotional roller coaster. You’re smart, so make decisions for yourself. I already know you well heed my advice because you are intelligent to know it’s good advice. Young grass hopper, I’m going to take the liberty to say well done in advice.” (You like the young grasshopper part 😋 haha)

• Thia, that was savage, I like you lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I get roughly an average of one tinder match a day. I have met maybe less than 1% of women that have even responded, so we're talking about small fractions. Women usually have higher standards on tinder, I recommend it only as a secondary source of meeting people.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a hard time finding guys that want more than 'a good time' or friend with benefits. I can't keep a conversation either, I guess I'm not interesting enough.

2|1
    0|0
  • I've dated a lot of guys from tinder. They are nost of the time nervous and cringy. I also met people who where so different from texting and real life.
    I did get a relationship once. Might even get my second.
    But its difficult to find guys who aren't sexual or weird

0|0
    0|0
  • It's awful! A lot of guys are just looking for a hook up! The hot guys don't reply if I message first and the ugly guys are the only ones that give me attention.. Even if I do start talking to a hot smart guy the convo never usually lasts longer than 24 hours before it dies off..

1|0
    0|0
  • Difficult. I have tried. I get a lot of matches, but when I talk to a guy it is maybe serious for 3 sentences before the guy turns into a creep. I am searching for something serious, not the weird creepy shit I get on those apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was an experience, that's for sure. Overall it was mostly creeps or players, but there is a few good guys thrown in the mix. I met my current boyfriend on one, and he's the best guy I've ever dated. If something happened in our relationship, hopefully it won't, I don't think I'll go back to online dating though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Youve got to realize the numbers behind it. there's usually a 70-30 split men to women. Then youve got the hierarchy where the physically appealing women get 90% of the attention. So you have to play the averages. I geberally don't put much weight into them because 9 times out of 10 i know a guy with a dog in his picture is going to get more replies lol. But in my experience when i start investing time into them i end up bumping into someone in real life thats even better.

0|0
    0|0
    • So put a dog in your pics!!! That's what I do 😂

• Oh hell no. I've had dogs and cats my whole life and im done with pets. Plus, why would i want to date someone whos going yo have more of a connection with animals and not people? Lol

• Borrow someone's baby! Forget the dog or cat!

• Well my experience has been pretty much nonexistent. Have tried myself a few times, and all I really got matched with were somewhat strange in one way or another, or a gal who I thought was my first girlfriend, who in the end showed to be just a friend...

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried tinder, at first I was real nice ask girls questions gave them compliments asked if they wanted to meet up for drinks got no attention. Then a female friend told me i was doing it wrong just ask them for a fling, so i did that and one girl replied saying she's not a hooker and she doesn't have sex with strangers.
    I have no clue how anybody hooks up online.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't try to be their sweet boyfriend just yet. Just be a guy they have interesting texts with. Meet up with the intentions of having sex and see where it goes. Like u are open to having a girlfriend but you are not in a hurry to have one. Do not define anything and it will keep them guessing and make u a little bit mysterious. Never let a chick figure out ur shit early on.

• This about sums up my experience. That and bad dates. Gonna be quitting dating apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very bad but my friend went on a few good dates and she told me about some of the bad ones too. Mine are just bad because they talk to me for a bit and then unmatch me for no reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats a really nice question, I usually get to talk to girls on tinder just because I nearly always swipe right, like everybody I guess...

0|2
    0|0
    • yeah I did that

when i was younger swipe did not even look at their faces or bio
      don't care lol

• I've had mixed results, which I guess is just like dating without an app. I've had a few girls who I think just wanted a boost of self-confidence. They enjoyed matching with guys, but never followed up on anything. I've met some crazy girls who gave me great stories to tell. And I've also met some really good girls--like good to the point that I thought I wasn't good enough for them! It's a mixed back. A lot of it is how you present yourself, what you're conveying without saying, and all that. The ratio of girls to guys is such that each girl sees lots of guys on an app for every girl a guy sees. They have a great BS detector.

0|0
    0|0
  • If people would realize that tinder is really a hook up app, it would be better. What about match? EHarmony? If you want to fuck then use tinder or AFF.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont bother with tinder. Get a Match. com or POF account. Spend extra on getting the premium that allows free users to contact you. Not all ladies can afford the £70 or whatever it is to chat. Once you have a good profile and opened all the communications options its normally easier. Unfortunately you have to pay in this game. Think of it as DLCs haha
    Personally its rough and you waste a lot of time talking to people who may already be chatting to 20 other guys and have 10 dates lined up. Others you meet are only chatting to you, its good to try and get a phone call if they are willing to chat. A lot more can be said over the phone in 10 minutes than a week of onlne chat plus there is no sarcasm or wit in IM.
    Good luck my friend, be happy you have age on your side. Once you get to 30 its all train wrecks or step dad haha :D

0|1
    0|0
  • I think there is way to many dudes that use these sites just looking for no strings attached sex and it makes nice guys like me look bad for our whole gender.

0|0
    0|1
  • Ya we do get a lot of matches, but its all about the conversation!! In my experience (many times on tinder and found 3 relationships) when a conversation starts dying, you need to ask her more questions about herself (we love talking about ourselves and it makes us feel like you are interested in learning more about us rather than trying to get into our pants). Also i like to play 20 questions (ask silly questions like favourite colour, ice cream, etc.) as its a great way to learn more about the girl!

However, if the girl is not keeping up on her end of the conversation, then she isn't as interested, so dont message her. No need to waste your time on someone who isn't showing interest.

Good luck!! but try other dating apps as well like bumble and coffee meets bagel! you might have more luck there!

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder sucks for guys I have had much better luck getting girls on OKC and POF granted I have gotten tinder. Really depends on the area and if it's just a hookup

0|0
    0|0
  • I have tried the dating apps and it have not work for me because I be thinking I am being cat fished by someone. And the things that they would say like why they can not do a a video call with you. And the excuse would be like I am in the Army the Navy or my camera's not working very well. Or if they say can you send me some money to get a iTune card to do a video call with you and when you would say well it's a lot of apps that are free to use and they would say it will put a virus on my phone it's all lies

0|0
    1|0
  • I've been ghosted quite a few times. I wish they would put on their big girl panties and just tell me they don't want to chat.

0|1
    0|0
  • Waste of time. Been using them for years and only ever met 2 of which one turned into a 6 month relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Im risking everything to meet random strangers... who knows might not make it back from a date

0|0
    0|0
  • Not nearly as good as in person. Find texts to be impersonal and don't know how to relate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely get matches and when I do they just want friends with benefits or the convos don't go far

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally get like 3 a day on tinder, 5 a day on bumble. I hate tinder compared to bumble, girls on bumble are way hotter in general and you get more matches. Literally all you have to do is say hey you're really cute, wait for the hey you're really cute too, then give her your snap and you're golden. I watched one of my really hot female friends use tinder and literally almost every guy she went through for a while had supper liked her like holy fucking shit being a hot girl on tinder you gotta feel like a queen, can literally have any guy you want

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 years on online apps and do not find interesting lady

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally nope. Online doesn't seem to work for me. I get better luck meeting face-to-face

0|0
    0|0
  • It's much better meeting people in person

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it's hard but fun lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Crap, crap, crap ✨

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing will happen except time pass..

0|0
    0|0
  • stay away just scaming women on

0|0
    0|0
  • So far... ZIPPO NOTTA NOTHING...

0|0
    0|0
  • Same here

0|0
    0|0
  • They suck

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not interested or have any trust on dating sites. They are like a hangout place for jerks. My friends forced me to try tinder. Didn't like it. It takes too much effort.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm assuming it's ok for young people but for me (32) and my older friends it's awful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tinder is easy for girls. I can get 30 matches in as many minutes and I’m not even that hot. Guys are desperate.

I’m not on it anymore, but that’s because I met my boyfriend (on tinder!) and I don’t need it. We were fuck buddies to start so don’t rule out anything real just because t starts sexual!

I replied to his message because he said something funny that was related to what I had in my bio at the time. Otherwise comment something original about one of the pics! Good luck :)

0|1
    0|0
    • Guys are desperate.

HAHAHAH stop you sound stupid

• Someone sounds desperate already. @ricosuave123 I guess you're salty cuz she hit ya where it hurts lmao

• Nope, sorry dude. You keep telling yourself whatever helps you sleep at night, but Ik for a fact that just based on how you speak to others no self respecting girl, mine or anyone else's, would ever so much as look in your direction. But have a good life 😀

• Well in my experience
    For girls its nothing more than an ego boost, or for that one time she's horny

For guys, good luck elsewhere.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes