How is your experience with dating apps?

How is your experience as a girl, and as a guu on apps like Tinder, as a guy is really hard to get matches and even harder to retain the attention of one, at least in my case. I can imagine that girls have a lot more matches and it must be boring for you to talk to all of them, specially with questions like "how are you doing", so can you tell me what makes you want to talk to someone?

1725

Most Helpful Guy

• Given up with them. Pointless they are these days. I have tried many times to get a convo going and I just get ignored even when making a joke.

I put effort in my messages but yet I get nothing back and get no matches.

Apps these days I think are 80% based on looks

Most Helpful Girl

• I had tinder once, but the guy I was talking to on it told me that I wasn’t tinder material and that guys would take advantage of me, so he told me I should delete the app. And so I did. That’s my experience with Tinder.

• And so you let a stranger dictate your actions. Well done. Now go learn to be in control of your feelings and actions despite what others throw at you.

• And if you intend to give advice, it may help if you do it in a way that isn’t sarcastic, so that it well be well received and not demeaning to the person receiving it. Notice that I didn’t respond back to you, “now go learn to give advice to people who actually need it and want your advice,” as that could be taken as rather rude even if it’s true. Just for fun, I’m going to take the liberty to re-write your comment: “Thia, it might have been wise to listen to advice from a stranger this one time. But please be careful not to let others dictate your actions in the future. If you let others control your feelings and actions then you’ll be on an emotional roller coaster. You’re smart, so make decisions for yourself. I already know you well heed my advice because you are intelligent to know it’s good advice. Young grass hopper, I’m going to take the liberty to say well done in advice.” (You like the young grasshopper part 😋 haha)

• Thia, that was savage, I like you lol