Have you ever got burnt out from online dating?

Recently, I decided to go back to Tinder and do the Tinder plus/unlimited after taking a break for a few months.

I've gotten lots of dates, hookups, and flings but none of them led to anything serious, not to mention how expensive it got to go on all those dates. I felt like a lot of the dates I had from January-March, , were either women that were boring and we didn't click, used misleading pictures and i had no physical attraction, or were just flaky/ghosted me.

It made me want to take a break to find out what I really want and maybe rethink my approach to dating. I've been ghosted/flaked on a lot, and the frustrating thing is, without blaming women as a whole or any gender, is you want to improve yourself but how do you improve when you don't get any feedback or constructive criticism?

Not trying to be stubborn, but it's frustrating when you wanna improve yourself but not knowing where to improve. Think of it as if it were your annual review at a job where your boss/manager doesn't tell you what you need to work on and only says you need to improve or you're gonna be fired despite that you're trying. You'd be frustrated and would over analyze a lot. Generally if you know what you're doing good on and what you can improve on, you work on your flaws and things to improve on in general to see what the results are.

Now, getting a lot of dates was never an issue, but maintaining them was the problem. I feel like I could hit it off with a person and they'd suggest another date only for them to ghost or slowly ghost by never initiating texts or giving short replies till they completely fade.

It does make me wonder what I've done on my end to make things end. I don't know if it's me, them, a bit or both or just the territory that comes with online dating.

But overall, from years of online dating, and having gotten back into it, i started getting more matches but i definitely do not take it seriously.

Have you ever taken a break to get your shit figured out?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've had experience for online dating. I've met the bad ones and also the good ones. But at this time, it's pretty hard tho to find someone who's taking a serious relationship on online dating since they just wanna do the hookups, flings and etc

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah and it can feel really transactional at times too. I hate being in the position of having to carry the entire conversation while the other person sits back and does nothing. I like conversations, not interviews.

• Show All
    • yeah and sometimes ill get lazy from being burnt out on these efforts

• You're right

• Yea fo a change go to a bar and meet a badass female

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t really meet women at bars

• I've taken many breaks from it because I just go so tired of it and basically lost hope. The longest break I took was over a year.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah and by no means am i owed or entitled but it is still frustrating when you get all these dates that just end out of nowhere. Like I'll know when a date is bad or when there's no chemistry but it really messes with you when you have a date that goes well only for them to end it without any closure or explanation to give you advice on what you may need to work on. It also makes you question what's real and what isn't.

Recommended myTakes