Why do I have mixed feelings and should we continue?

I have been dating this great girl for over 1 month. She doesn't come from the best family and from what I am not 100% sure of had a promiscuous past. She tells me she is in love with me and has never felt in love with her 2 previous boyfriends. My parents hate her and tell me she is using me to get into a better lifestyle. We both met at college and she is more successful than me with scholarships and majors.

She is my first but she is someone I get along with really well. Every time my parents tell me to end it, I get sick to my stomach and start to ball because we've had an amazing time together and could never end it and from what i can tell she is legitimately in love with me. Maybe this means I am in love but we are both freaking out about my parents because they do not approve of her! I've had really bad situations at home because of this relationship and they are distracting me from her and making me concerned about her!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You should continue

0|0
    0|0
    • I told my parents I broke up with her

• Sometimes parents think they see something that you dont. Is it possible to sit down and have a talk with them about this? You might get some answers as to why they dislike her so much. However, it really does sound like you care a great deal for her so i wouldn't let your patents decide who is good for you and who isn't. It also sounds like your parents are still controlling and dont think your capable of choosing someone you think is good for you. I had the same problem with me ex. My family hated him and made sure to tell me every time i saw them. This is how i see it. Do what you want. Do what makes you happy. You can't please everyone. Your family will just have to accept it and get over it. If they dont, then you may have to speak up. I dont talk to my family because they are toxic people. Dont let anyone control you. And also, i dont know enough about this girl to know if she cares about you or not, but my guess is, if she is as smart as you say and has scholarships etc, then my guess is, she isn't using you and maybe does care for you like you care for her. I think you know what the right thing to do is, deep in your gut. Good luck to you 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • If you told your parents you broke up with her, and still wanna continue a relationship with her then your gonna have to tell them your back together and if they dont like it, too bad. They won't be choosing your partners for you 😉

• Im going as quiet as i can. about it we still have to make it long distance over the summer

• Long distance works if you love eachother. I've been in a long distance relationship for going on 5 years now lol.

Recommended myTakes