What should she do?

girlfriend doesn't speak up to her mom who is alienating her from my family. They already have no other family associating with them. She has no friends in the area and her only responsibility is a dog her mom adopted then decided she didn't want a year later after bonding.
Any trip is made an issue, which my family and I pay for yet her mom tells her we are wrong for not paying to go to them (Fl) where she's more strict and it's more stressful. "They're not meeting you halfway" we are literally paying for the trip to come here or to Myrtle Beach for vaca and be fed, hang out, see movies, etc while her mom pays for nothing and she pays for little.

Is her mom toxic or am I overreacting?

10