Girls, do you feel weird about making the first move on a guy? If so why?

I don't know why but a lot of the girls I know feel weird about making the first move. I never understood this, whenever a girl approaches me and asks to buy me a drink or something it's great, I love it. If girls feel weird about approaching a guy they shouldn't, I'm curious as to why they feel this way. Is it because it's weird or untraditional?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I don't feel the same, I've approached guys before and it's fine. But I know many of my girlfriends don't because it makes them seem desperate. Also everywhere you look culturqlly, like movies, music video etc it's always the guy who makes the first move, so that probably has an influence. Also as a girl, especially in France, guys often approach you so girls feel like they will get a guy when they go out without needing to approach anyone and risk looking slutty.

• Thank you, that makes sense. Some guys are too free with the label "slut." Like why is it fine for a guy and slutty for a girl? lol.