Why is it ok to not date someone for their height but unacceptable for their weight?

I'm all for personal choice so I'm for you can refuse anyone for any reason.

However it seems socially unacceptable to not date someone because the are overweight but acceptable to not date someone short or too tall.

Last time I checked you could change your weight but not your height. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

1219

Most Helpful Guys

• That’s just because fat people are angry that 10/10 supermodels don’t want to date them. If you’re fat, you’re not gonna date someone hot by being fat. Stop being mad and lose weight, or stop being shallow yourself, expecting a hottie to want to marry you. Ya know? Lol. Everyone wants a 10, but 10s only want other 10s. You don’t see fat people getting mad at 10s for not being fat. You see them listing after the 10s and wondering why they don’t want you. It’s a crazy mentality in my view.

• The patriarchy reinforces that men should be taller in a relationship and people fall for it.

• Personally I want a taller woman. I don't think it a patriarchal fault but it's definitely a problem.

( For people who think this is a hypocritical statement re-read the first sentence)

Most Helpful Girls

• I won't date anybody fat. And people need to realise difference between alittle chubby or bigger build and just plain fat. If I know you just abit larger in your body or alittle chubby. That's fine. But if you just plain fat. That shows me a few things. You lazy. You don't care about being healthy. You have no desire to look appealing to your lover. So no I will not date you. Fat isn't beautiful its just fuckin lazy.

• Agree 100% fat is not attractive.

• @A-man-22 I think that's my problem. I've been a vegetarian for months now, and I still barely lose weight. I eat maybe 1,200 calories a day at the most (usually less).

Most people don't care about the "health" though. They just want something nice to look at.

• I see your point. I'm a huge guy who lifts, runs, exercises six times a week, but I have some stomach to trim. However, many people are overweight due to a variety of reasons out of control. It depends on the person.

To be honest, I'm not sure how many people ACTUALLY care about "health." I think they use "health" as an excuse to be superficial. People should just admit they don't find someone aesthetically pleasing, and leave it at that.

Honestly, if you met a guy with an ideal body, but he had a slew of health issues, you would reject him due to his health issues? On the contrary, what if a guy was obese, but surprisingly (yes, it happens), had no health issues? Just be honest: It's what LOOKS good, not what the health issues are.

• You can date who ever you want with no explanation. It is a preference.

• I get hell on here because of my preferences.

• Totally agree , you should look for who you like. However if you have lots of preferences don't expect it to be quick.

• Of course. But I don’t think anyone should be shamed for their preferences.