LDR: Is it wrong to want selfies if he never wants to send any?

We've been dating for 5 months. He's younger than me.
He says he doesn't like his appearance and always denies my compliments even though I genuinely find him attractive. He even stopped asking me for selfies most likely because I'd ask for one back but I occasionally send them anyway hopping he'd be comfortable enough to send one too OTL we do send each other other pictures if we go somewhere or do something
The only video call we ever had lasted for a few seconds lmao
We haven't met yet and probably won't for a long time. I asked him a bunch of times... Am I being too whining too much?

03