How do I explain to my friend that she's in a bad relationship?

So, I've got a friend who's 17yrs old. Last year, she started dating this 25yr old guy she met online without her parents knowing. She would tell me everything about him, and he really seemed like he cared for her. They talked on the phone all the time. They were really close to each other and she was crazy in love with him. They even met once and apparently he gave her a gold ring and claims her as his "wife".
However, he does treat her right anymore. He ignores her texts, asks her to stop messaging her, and fights a lot. This makes her really sad.
I personally feel that he was faking all the time but my friend doesn't understand that. She keeps saying "I know he loves me, I love him, blah blah blah" but honestly I don't agree with her. I'm sure he was playing games. If he really cared, he wouldn't do this to her right? I tried explaining this to her so many times but she just wouldn't listen. She just doesn't want to break up with him.
Also side note, she is kind of clingy and overly sensitive.

69

Most Helpful Guy

• People who are blind in love will never listen. We also warned a friend about her toxic boyfriend but she didn't listen... and caught him using tinder on his phone. Sometimes these people need to be slapped in the face with reality. Explain logically how that f**ktard will screw her life up. Sometimes when a guy talks to her about it it makes more sense because guys know guys best. But you said she is clingy and oversensitive... In this kind of situation youd only be able to watch the relationship ruin itself and let her rebuild after that. Or you could slap her with reality but she may hate you forever.

• You're so right.
      She's lost in the dreamy fairytale romances like Twilight and Fifty Shades that she doesn't understand that these things don't happen in real life. Honestly if I was her boyfriend and she was clingy I would've broken up with her, but she doesn't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do her parents know now? You could explain the situation to them. Otherwise you have to let her make her own choices and mistakes, it's her life.

• They didn't before, but they caught her and she got scolded really badly. Despite that, she still talks to him secretly and he is mean to her.

• Why can't you tell her parents? Also, how could you be wrong? She's 17 dating a man who is 25, met him online and he called her his wife when they met. That's not normal, nothing good will come of that relationship.

• I'm not really in contact with them, and they probably don't know me so I don't feel right.
      It's kind of heartless for me to say this but I guess it's better if she realizes this on her own because she obviously doesn't listen to me and lives in her fairytale romance world so a dose of reality will change her.