What are your opinions on independent women?

Would you be able to be with a girl that is sometimes... too independent? I understand the small things that everyone should be able to solve on their own should not require the help of a boyfriend, but if you find a girl that will be happy to do everything that would be done by a boyfriend in probably all relationships out there (EG putting IKEA furniture together, carrying heavy stuff, fixing things etc), would you be able to be with her?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea I dont see why not, not every women should I guess you could say Male dependent, in all actuality its attractive

1|0
    0|0
    • What kind of independent behaviour would you not call attractive?

• Show All
    • Would you not feel useless if she were to do everything by herself and not need your help at all?

• Within independance there's being self sufficient and excluding someone. Self sufficiency is a sign of maturity and is never unattractive. Independence doesn't necessarily mean that help isn't wanted or appreciated. Being in a relationship is like being in a team, everyone should be capable of holding their own weight, that said doing things together is what being in a relationship is all about.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Of course. I want to date an adult, not parent a little girl.

1|1
    0|0
    • I feel more confident when a woman wants to be with me because she enjoys my company, not because she needs me to take care of her.

• And besides, you can't rub your own back. I can do that.

• Thanks for that!

• Only two problems I can think of is if she was also independent on deciding things; like bringing home a pet without letting me know.
    Also I like to do some of that stuff together at least so if she's someone that has to do it all alone than no.

1|0
    0|0
  • I often feel like I have to help with everything, but i think I could adjust to this

1|1
    0|0
  • Being independent is something that is expected from a grown-up person and it shows that you are mature and capable of running your own life. You would probably expect the same from your partner. If i were able to be with a person like that? - yes! In fact I see it as a big plus.

0|1
    0|0
  • I definitely am an independent figure and i want my partner to be the same. I don't really like people that are close minded and less independent.

1|0
    0|0
    • I like my woman to be able to do the same shiet i can do. Not everything of course which isn't possible by a female xD but sure everything else, I'm fine with that.

• Of course, but I do like to help, so if I get shut out of everything because she doesn't want help I don't know how I would feel about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as she was not controlling of everything, I would try to make it a joint effort on things so no one feels like the other is better at things

1|1
    0|0
  • The only women that I date are independent dominant tomboys

1|1
    0|0
  • I think women being independent is great, but I also feel that both genders are dependent on each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I don't see what the big deal would be if my girlfriend was independent.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think a independent woman is awesome. Yes i can be with a girl whose too independent.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some guys will fill insecure. Simple more independently more insecure.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on how exactly and at what they are independent of.

1|0
    0|0
  • independent women aka depressed women.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. Not for long

1|0
    0|0
    • Why is that?

• Well, I'd ask a question to myself in about two or three months. Why am I here in this relationship. Am I a part of this. I'll find that to be, "I don't know" and "no"

• My opinion is that they are a myth, sorry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure i would love that, Im a lazy asshole anyways

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be able to be with an independent woman

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I will take a unicorn.

1|0
    0|0
  • I laugh at them

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm with a girl who does that and more.

1|0
    0|0
  • Strong

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for sex works bb... and enjoy ur life

0|0
    0|0
  • Independent fine no I’m fucking doing it my self attitude is just bitchy attitude and I hate that

1|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely a good thing for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • no problem...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes