Will a guy try again with the girl that dated before but didn't work out?

we dated a year ago but didn't work out, it's a peaceful separation. recently we met again in friend's party, we had a chat there and had some texts after back home (i initiated!). both of us are kinda shy, so i'm wondering if there is any chance that we try again? he didn't message me today... (he didn't text much even when we dated) i'm just waiting for Friday to see if he would ask me out...
what do guys think about girls that dated before but didn't work out? will they try again?

03