My brother doesn't like my girlfriend because she's overweight?

He thinks I can do better than her, but I love her. Should I not just bring her around him or what?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your brother isn’t dating her, so his preferences shouldn’t dictate how you feel about her. I hate when people assume others are “out of their league” based on appearances. That is completely shallow! What if you were to gain weight? Do you think your girlfriend should leave you? Stand up for yourself & defend your relationship. Your brother can deal with himself being an asshole. If he doesn’t change & it gets stressful for y’all. Let him know that you won’t tolerate his behavior or hang out with him if he chooses to act like that.

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're dating her because you love her the way she is. If your brother thinks you can do better, at least he is looking out for you, and you have to at least appreciate that. But it's also not his choice who you date and who you don't and he needs to respect that too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Fuck ya your brother really he needs to get a reality check and realize there is more to a person than their body. What ever you do, make sure she knows that it isn't because of her and make it known to your brother that he sucks.

2|1
    0|0
  • I would tell him that you love her and that he should respect that. Even if you could do better, better by who's standard?

I've seen my share of princesses that were total b! tches.

The grass is not greener on the other side, if you like what you got stick with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply tell him it's your life and you decide to live it the way you want, with person u want. He's not the one dating your girlfriend so it's none of his business. Nothing is none of his business unless she's harming your family or you in any way

0|0
    0|0
  • 1: he's small minded, not your problem
    2: you'll never have to worry about him hooking up with your g/f
    3: if you are really trying to "win him over" explain that the hotness of a girl is a proportional function of her craziness. You are choosing the sane option. (No offense ladies)

0|0
    0|0
  • You love her and its your choice to be with her.
    If he thinks you can do better that is his opinion and you may think your girlfriend is perfect for you.
    The problem is that your brother doesn't respect your decision and accept your girlfriend.
    I suggest you talk to him and point that who is he to know what is better for you if you are happy with your girlfriend. And ask him to be tolerant and accept her cause you love her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well there are multible options and probably the one option that can benefit you both is maby tell her to exercise but make it a thing you both will do together and make a schedule so that she will feel less attacked. Not only is she and you getting in shape but your also spending time together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Convince your brother that you love her. Don't let him get to you, that's what siblings do. It's our job, he just wants you to be happy in his own strange way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares if she is overweight. Your brother isn't sleeping with her so his opinion matters in no way, shape, or form. For someone to dislike someone for being overweight says everything you need to know about him.

0|0
    0|0
  • For her sake I would just avoid bringing her around him. She'll be able to pick up on his negative feelings towards her and you don't want her to have to go through that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who you're with should be none of his damn business.

2|0
    0|0
  • I mean he's not wrong. Never date unhealthy people.

0|2
    3|2
  • Tell him to mind his business. If she is keeping peace and he presses the issue, then he is the problem.
    Size is nothing compared to what is brought to the table in a relationship. She can always lose weight in her own time on her own terms.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's your girlfriend. Tell him tough fucking shit. He can get over it. At the end of the day your relationship should be based on whether or not you like the person and it's fuck all what anyone else thinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're the one dating her so he should shut up. However if she's fat, there is no harm in encouraging her to get healthy.

1|1
    2|0
  • If I were in this predicament I would knock your brother out for bringing it up. That's just me though

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't listen to your brother. If you love her that's the only thing that matter and not liking someone because of their weight is shallow.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don’t let your brother’s hate dictate your choice. But, that said, encourage good health to your girlfriend.

0|1
    0|1
  • I think you should encourage her as her boyfriend to work out and you can work out with her and it will be a bonding experience for both of you and you will both become healthier and happier

0|0
    0|0
  • she's your girlfriend not his just ignore his negative comments and keep loving your girlfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Family isn't always worthy of unconditional love. Sometimes you have to cut them out if they can't get over ignorant hatred and personal feelings.

Have you tried being blunt with him, and explaining that you don't want the same things from life?

And ignore these other idiots telling you to help "fix" her. I'm fat. I'm overweight, and I'm very healthy and active despite that. I have several physical disabilities that prevent me from losing weight, which is why I'm not in the least bothered by it. So long as she is comfortable in her own body, doesn't have a seriously unhealthy contributing habits, loves herself, and tries to take care of herself, then there's nothing to fix.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't go to any extreme lengths to keep them apart but make sure to avoid putting them together when convenient.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to mature the fuck up and come back around when he’s done so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your the one with her not him sooo it shouldn't matter to him

2|0
    0|0
  • You could smack him in his bitch face. That might change his mind. Maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him to worry about his love life and leave you to do same

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if your getting that pussy then your brother can go fuck himself but if she's not gettin that dick wet then kick it to the curb

0|0
    0|0
  • What your brother thinks shouldn't matter to you. What should matter to you is what you think about her.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a preferance thing
    Can't really stop it pal. If he's mad give him time

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him "shut the fuck up, and show her some god damn respect. Before I kick your ass."

1|0
    0|0
  • tell him to stfu she's yours and you love her thats all that matters

0|0
    0|0
  • Love who you love. Surround you and your love one. With positivity.

1|0
    0|0
  • You jave the right to do what you want. But he has a point, health can help sustain a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what every you want with her she your girlfriend not his. If he doesn't like it to bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he thinks you can do better than you can do better

0|0
    0|1
  • Don't worry about what your brother thinks. You love her and that's what counts

0|0
    0|0
  • she is your girlfriend if you like her stay with her

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to stfu after u bitchslap him.

3|2
    0|0
  • you need to find a new brother 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • Tell him 2 fuck right off

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck what he thinks!

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand it some poeple just don't like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him he should grow up

0|0
    0|0
  • its your life not his

0|0
    0|0
  • dont bring her around him... also dont leave her

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to screw off

0|0
    0|0
  • He is right

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do what u feel right

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand why your brother says that

0|0
    0|1
  • Who r u talking about

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe its true. Tell her to loose some weight. Overweight means = close death.

0|0
    3|1
Show More

Recommended myTakes