My brother doesn't like my girlfriend because she's overweight?

He thinks I can do better than her, but I love her. Should I not just bring her around him or what?

2137

Most Helpful Girl

• Your brother isn’t dating her, so his preferences shouldn’t dictate how you feel about her. I hate when people assume others are “out of their league” based on appearances. That is completely shallow! What if you were to gain weight? Do you think your girlfriend should leave you? Stand up for yourself & defend your relationship. Your brother can deal with himself being an asshole. If he doesn’t change & it gets stressful for y’all. Let him know that you won’t tolerate his behavior or hang out with him if he chooses to act like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're dating her because you love her the way she is. If your brother thinks you can do better, at least he is looking out for you, and you have to at least appreciate that. But it's also not his choice who you date and who you don't and he needs to respect that too.