How do you feel about interracial dating?

I am simply just trying to educate myself. I don't know if there is a more common consensus or opinion. But I just want to know especially from a black point of view How you feel about blacks and whites dating each other. I have always been curious since I am extremely attracted to black guys and I am a latina/white lady.
How do you feel about interracial dating?
Updates:
I'm very aware that some forms of racism still exist due to stereotypes. For some reason my dad is no exception even being latino. He would not approve of me dating someone of colour. Should i have to bury attraction and give it up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a product of interracial dating. I'm black & white. Being raised in two different cultures did make it harder to figure out who I am. Now that I know & I'm comfortable in my own skin I'm much happier. Most of my reLationships have been interracial. Not by choice but because I follow my heart. I deal with racism day in & day out. I have noticed that girls seem to have more of a problem with it than guys. I think it all comes down to how you were raised. Because fundamentally there's nothing wrong with it. It's a social ill that divides us against eachother. The heart wants what the heart wants. Don't deny yourself happiness cuz of the way you were raised

0|0
    0|0
    • i can relate only for me its not black and white, its latin and white. The hard thing for me growing up is that people would just see me as white. But i didn't feel like i was. I wasn't raised like them there were some blatant cultural differences that made it hard to relate. However my latin heritage comes form Uruguay and not Mexico so i didn't "fit in" with most latins either. That, and colorism exists in latin culture. Apparently if you're too light you're not latina enough... But I've grown to love cultural diversity so much now that I've completely owned who i am

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't bury your attraction. If you are attracted to black guys their is NOTHING wrong. I think that their is nothing wrong with interracial dating. It's a relationship. I however am just attracted to black men and sometimes tan Asian men. That's just my perference, and your perference or attraction is black guys. Just don't be fetishizing them or seeing them as "something to try"👎. And don't let others stop you

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Look, dating a black guy just to “try” them is actually racist in itself. Like they aren’t people but just ideas on your bucket list. If you’re attracted to black men have at it, but do it for the right reasons and don’t fetishize them. Asian women complain about this all the time and it’s the same stereotype just in reverse...

1|1
    0|0
    • its not a fetish and its not just to try out. Im genuinely attracted to them so when i meet a guy who i am attracted to and has my same standards i want to date them.

• memegenerator.net/.../welcome-to-the-dark-side.jpg

My wife is white/latina. I don't see anything wrong with it. The heart wants what the heart wants. As long as you share the same interest and see compatible then go for it. Love has no color.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess i have just always been afraid. I used to hear black girls in the locker room getting all mad saying "white girls need to hop off our men" and stuff like that. I mean it didn't stop me from dating black huys it just makes me feel like I have to be careful and i dont feel like i should have to feel that way. I just wondered if that how most people feel about it

• Love my black women, but "my men" thing is so outdated and ignorant. Other races don't seem to complain about dating other races as black women do. I don't understand why they take it so personally but don't worry about it just do you.

• Some people have the will power to not listen to their parents on the topic & some do not.

I think it’s funny how obsessed some people get with stereotypes tho.

I’m black & grew up in a very diverse area.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's just something that's in your mind (or not), I thought I don't like other races and especially Asian people but by coincidence I learned that it was all just in my head, due to prejudice

0|0
    0|0
  • Race is a construct of human society, there is literally zero scientific basis for it; an African American dating a Euro-American shouldn't be an issue. If your dad carea about you and your happiness, he'd acceot the fact :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you want to base your relationship on common interests common passions chemistry common life goals and just forget about skin color completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are going to be cultural differences but you can always overcome that. Go for it if that's what you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Race considerations are superficial ones, and giving attention to them is stupid.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't mind it at all. Why should we care who someone is dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Like white and black people or like white and Latin people or white and Chinese people which ones?

0|0
    0|0
    • my case would be latin and black or white and black.

• Show All
    • Sports to the foods they eat still lean towards white people and black people being closer than other groups in America.

• Well that's true on the sports part

• I'm pretty good with humans dating other humans.

2|0
    0|0
  • Hell no!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes