How do you feel about interracial dating?

I am simply just trying to educate myself. I don't know if there is a more common consensus or opinion. But I just want to know especially from a black point of view How you feel about blacks and whites dating each other. I have always been curious since I am extremely attracted to black guys and I am a latina/white lady.
I'm very aware that some forms of racism still exist due to stereotypes. For some reason my dad is no exception even being latino. He would not approve of me dating someone of colour. Should i have to bury attraction and give it up?

114

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a product of interracial dating. I'm black & white. Being raised in two different cultures did make it harder to figure out who I am. Now that I know & I'm comfortable in my own skin I'm much happier. Most of my reLationships have been interracial. Not by choice but because I follow my heart. I deal with racism day in & day out. I have noticed that girls seem to have more of a problem with it than guys. I think it all comes down to how you were raised. Because fundamentally there's nothing wrong with it. It's a social ill that divides us against eachother. The heart wants what the heart wants. Don't deny yourself happiness cuz of the way you were raised

• i can relate only for me its not black and white, its latin and white. The hard thing for me growing up is that people would just see me as white. But i didn't feel like i was. I wasn't raised like them there were some blatant cultural differences that made it hard to relate. However my latin heritage comes form Uruguay and not Mexico so i didn't "fit in" with most latins either. That, and colorism exists in latin culture. Apparently if you're too light you're not latina enough... But I've grown to love cultural diversity so much now that I've completely owned who i am

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't bury your attraction. If you are attracted to black guys their is NOTHING wrong. I think that their is nothing wrong with interracial dating. It's a relationship. I however am just attracted to black men and sometimes tan Asian men. That's just my perference, and your perference or attraction is black guys. Just don't be fetishizing them or seeing them as "something to try"👎. And don't let others stop you