Do guys think that there is something wrong with a woman who is always single?

Say for instance you are single, and you meet a single woman. She has dated and has had a few flings and short term relationships. To you she seems so great. Then you find out that all she has had was flings and situationships. She hasn't had any long significant relationships. She is over 30 and has a child that was created due to contraception malfunction. Would that raise a red flag for you if you are looking for a serious relationship? Does she lose respect because she doesn't have any exes? Is it strange? Would you stop taking her seriously? Or Alternatively do you think she is a better choice because of it? Does she gain respect?
Updates:
I was hoping for more replies by now. Out of the ones I have received they are all over the place. I love the fact that the most understanding of opinions are from those 30+ and I am concerned that the most judgmental ones are also from those 30+ I guess the silver lining is that I will meet some judgmental guys who will weed themselves out relieving me of that headache.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• She is probably just unlucky in love. I can relate.

1|1
    0|0
    • Take this with a grain of salt as it is coming from an older person who has not been in a super serious relationship, but you have plenty of time. I think it is unnecessary to rush. The key is to get out there and try, You will find someone to love. The dating experience is just a lot of trial and error.
      I definitely have been unlucky however I think it is for the best. I also think that when it is time for me to have a long lasting relationship that I will appreciate it and put my all into it so that it will last.

• I wouldn't think anything of it

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice... I hope that as I date I meet more who share this view.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd still give her a chance, but I'd definitely have my guard up for awhile. If certain behaviors started to shine through that hinted as to why she hasn't had any long-term relationships I might take more notice to them. Truth be told, the child would be more of a red flag to me, but that's also coming from a guy in his mid-late twenties who doesn't have any children.

1|1
    0|0
    • Your insight is appreciated. And I get it. If you can date someone without kids so that you can share that experience together is ideal. I am not one of those that will tell you to date a single mother if you don't want that life. Not unless you meet one and that fact that she has a kid is the only thing that you don't like about her.

• If I met a woman and I really liked her, I'd be able to look past her child from a previous relationship. But like you said, having a child with a woman I love is something I want to experience in the future, so if she didn't want to have another child then that would also more than likely be a deal breaker. I can't say for certain though! Love is a powerful emotion and it makes us all do things we never thought we'd do!

• Personally I would say that she gains some big respect points for just raising the child without succumbing to social pressure, women over 30 who have kids seem to get it rough. Everybody is different, age shouldn't be a marker for you finding that special someone.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree with you. I was just wondering how judgmental guys are. I know not many even answered my question and even the few that did, the opinions are aLLL over the place. So the bottom line is to be patient. I'm considering waiting until my child is grown. By then I'll really be running them off lol over 40 no super serious relationship. What is wrong with her!

• 30+ with a child and no long-term relationships... Yes. Mostly the child part. At 30+ I would probably be suspicious of a girl that says she hasn't been in a relationship but that alone isn't a deal breaker. The kid is a deal breaker for me though especially if no previous long term relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you date women 30+?

• I've only dated one girl so far so no. I don't have any issues with it and also putting myself in the mindset of myself at 30 (+)

• Normally I'd think nothing of it, but if she's 30+, I would be careful. Ofcourse it could just mean she hasn't found the right man to settle down with, yet. But often it means she's too independant. Being independant is usually good thing, but sometimes it can mean she doesn't want to be part of the couple as much as other women, or, as you do..

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm this is possible. I actually get somewhat offended when people call me independent. Maybe because I am to a degree, but not really. I am very dependent on my friends and family. I don't even like to do anything when it comes to cars or buying appliances with out my dad or a male friend. I see it as that I am an adult. I am single and I am a mom therefore I have to get things done. Even though it would be nice to have the help, I am single so I don't. I am not independent. I am just an adult who doesn't want to be hungry and homeless living in my parents' living room (they don't have a basement lol.)

• Well, the signs are there. It has to start from her if only she's ready to give it a go. I will try to make her ready to give it a shot. But her respect remains intact.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a HUGE red flag.
    She never committed to a relationship or noone ever wanted to stick around. There must be a reason.
    Either she's too much self centered or annoying af.

1|0
    0|0
    • Possibly. I don't think so, but I deal with myself everyday I just may have gotten use to my annoying ways.

• If she's never had long relationships (of say... 2+ years), it is a red flag.
    Even more, considering that she would choose to keep the pregnancy going at some point (single motherhood by choice leads to problems for the kids and society).
    If you only took the child out of the picture, it wouldn't really matter to me that she never had long relationships. The flings... well it depends how many because according to research, the more flings a woman has, and the more dissatisfied she will prove to be in her future life. So if you had 5... it's not the same as if you had 50.

Really, the biggest red flag is the kid. And let's be honest, the kid was not due to contraception malfunction, but was due to choice of keeping the pregnancy (considering that abortion and progestative are easily accessible in most developed countries)

1|1
    0|0
    • Why does a woman need to have long term relationship to be relationship material?

The pregnancy is due to contraception malfunction. She did choose not to have an abortion. Why is that such a poor choice? And back then plan b was not readily available. If the condom broke on Friday by Monday when you see the doctor prescious time already went by.

• If she never had a long term relationship before, it suggests that either she was not interested in those or she had such great personality flaw (s) that made all serious partners run away early enough into the relationship.

With regards to the pregnancy, any woman who doesn't want to carry it to term has the possibility to interrupt it. If you can't get progestative (morrning after pill), you can get an abortion.

And single motherhood (when chosen) is bad because it leads to dysfunctional kids. The prevalence of crime, behavior problems, drugs addiction, school dropout, is through the roof among kids with a single mother. It fucks up kids or makes the kids fuck up society. So, it is an unwise choice.

• If the pussy is good then roll with it. Just don't try to hang on to her, and if she goes, count it as a good time and move on.

1|1
    0|0
    • You know what hey... she just may need the romp in the hay for stress relief, so we need your help too lol

• It depends on how much one likes the woman but I certainly wouldn't lose respect for her because of the scenario you describe

1|0
    0|0
  • The child would personally be the kicker for me since I don't wanna embezzle myself in the bonding process of a strange child

1|0
    0|0
    • Your insight is appreciated. The kid is closer to your age than I am. It would just be weird anyway I would never introduce my kid to a person your age presenting you as a potential step father.

• A forever single person is usually a weird or picky individual.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Her attitude is wrong towards men lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Really? How so?

• If all she ever done is casual, then how would that gives anyone confidence that themselves ain't just a fling. So her attitude might be No one is good enough. Or she might enjoy different men attention... if a guy wants a girl for good this could be an early bad sign and vice versa

Recommended myTakes