Why did she give me her number?

I asked this girl for her number, she gave it to me but frankly over text she seems uninterested. I have texted her twice and the conversation dies after a shared about 3 messages. First time she texted me for a few messages. Then she stopped replying. A week later I tried again she responded once then. She went silent again. Am I doing something wrong? Do I try again after some more time passes?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• My guess is that you're not texting her right. There are implicit "rules" to seduction through text. You need to be playful, yet let it shine through your messages that you're not just a friend... and showing decisiveness like appointing her to share coffee without asking her permission. No being clingy. No sending more than 2 texts in a row if you haven't received a reply from her.
    Or maybe just give her a call, if you have her number (the texting dance is bull).

Most Helpful Girl

• My guess is that either she would have felt rude or awkward not giving you her number or that you are not texting in a way that leads a conversation... what kind of things did you say to her?

• Well the first text I sent her was about school. Then the next day I asked her about her favorite food. She told me and raved about how good it is we talked for a minute and after I asked her favorite artist. She never responded. A week later I asked about her weekend plans she responded and I asked what she did for a living. And she never responded

• Honestly, it depends what she's interested in. No two girls are going to respond the same way... try talking about something mutual like if you have the same friends... if she's not asking about you, than she's probably not interested

• Unfortunately no mutual friends. I understand that though. It’s only been like 12 messages between us but usually by know most girls would have asked more about me. I’m not sure yet to be honest. I think I may try again at a later time. And if she is the same. I’ll just leave it alone. But any advice for if I try again?