How to deal with an angry partner?

My SO is a very angry person he gets mad over literally small things. I told him to leave my house because I told him he was being negative and he got really upset then got mad because I told him I didn't want to talk to him. Then got mad because my mom asked him to pick my little brother up and he didn't want to do it and got mad because I told my mom don't ask him to do that anymore and she simply told him that all he had to do was tell her no

How to deal with an angry partner?

811

Most Helpful Girl

• Angry how so? Has he ever hit you/abused you physically? Or just emotionally? Emotional abuse can often turn into physical abuse. The guy I was involved with at first became super emotionally abusive and manipulative then one day it was as if he just snapped. He would get angry at the slightest things. I once was playing with moon sand on his bed and he told me not to but I ignored him and so he took my head and smashed it against his bed and forcefully pushed down on my head and held it there so I couldn't breath. Is he supe controlling in any way? Does he ever manipulate you to do stuff? If so now's the time to get out of the relationship. Anger is often something people use as a control factor. It's to cause fear so others will easily comply. Once the physical stuff starts happening it's as if you're stuck. (for me anyway) Once he started getting angry and abusive, It rubbed off on me and I would get angry and abusive back. IT'S PLAIN TOXIC.

• Omg glad you are safe and got out of that. He never hit me just a few emotional abuse but not a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Instead of pushing him away you should have brought him in. Hold him, hug him and show him you care. Men aren't the strong and unbreakable badasses you want us to be.
    He probably gets mad easy because he needs that kind of emotional support.

• I agree he doesn't have the best relationship with his parents but I try to be there for him. As much as I do for him and be by his side when we argue it's a big one. Yeah some times it's my fault even if it's not my fault I still say it's my fault and tell him he's right even though he's not