How to deal with an angry partner?

My SO is a very angry person he gets mad over literally small things. I told him to leave my house because I told him he was being negative and he got really upset then got mad because I told him I didn't want to talk to him. Then got mad because my mom asked him to pick my little brother up and he didn't want to do it and got mad because I told my mom don't ask him to do that anymore and she simply told him that all he had to do was tell her no

How to deal with an angry partner?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Angry how so? Has he ever hit you/abused you physically? Or just emotionally? Emotional abuse can often turn into physical abuse. The guy I was involved with at first became super emotionally abusive and manipulative then one day it was as if he just snapped. He would get angry at the slightest things. I once was playing with moon sand on his bed and he told me not to but I ignored him and so he took my head and smashed it against his bed and forcefully pushed down on my head and held it there so I couldn't breath. Is he supe controlling in any way? Does he ever manipulate you to do stuff? If so now's the time to get out of the relationship. Anger is often something people use as a control factor. It's to cause fear so others will easily comply. Once the physical stuff starts happening it's as if you're stuck. (for me anyway) Once he started getting angry and abusive, It rubbed off on me and I would get angry and abusive back. IT'S PLAIN TOXIC.

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg glad you are safe and got out of that. He never hit me just a few emotional abuse but not a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Instead of pushing him away you should have brought him in. Hold him, hug him and show him you care. Men aren't the strong and unbreakable badasses you want us to be.
    He probably gets mad easy because he needs that kind of emotional support.

1|0
    0|1
    • I agree he doesn't have the best relationship with his parents but I try to be there for him. As much as I do for him and be by his side when we argue it's a big one. Yeah some times it's my fault even if it's not my fault I still say it's my fault and tell him he's right even though he's not

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • 4 out the 7 girls who replied here so far said break up.. Honestly that's literally the only solution they can think of.

0|1
    0|0
    • They must think life is full of roses with no problems at all. Jesus.

• No i'm not going to break up with him. Yeah he has angry issues but with help as some comments say then I'll get the help he needs

• Ok good :) I'm sure it will work out if you both put in the effort. I hope it will. It frustrates me to see people on the internet who suggest couples with almost any problem to just break up. They wouldn't do it themselves but they find it easy to tell others.

• I would break up with him, you don't need all that toxicity in your life. He needs Anger Management and counseling. Anger is secondary emotion to Fear being the primary emotion, so he needs to work out his fears to deal with his anger!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • He needs more love. Rub his back more. If he asks why, just say because you love doing it. It will be fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to grow up, recognise his responsibilities and stop having hissy fits over stupid shit! Lmao we all have to do stuff we'd rather not, just have to get on with it. Why start a problem over next to nothing? Confuses me 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Stop asking him to do stuff and stop being unreasonable

0|0
    1|0
    • I don't ask him to do anything that's the point I don't ask him for anything or ask him to do anything unless I really need his help

• Chronic anger is a symptom of unresolved personal issues.
    Chronic anger may be a manifestation of some kind of psychosis.
    Chronic anger can make you a danger to others.
    Treat a chronically angry person like a sinking ship!

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him you deserve someone that can control their anger and do simple favors for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Leave this immature little boy behind, and find a grown man who knows how to adult.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would say nothing and wait for him to calm down.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just give her a hard fuck... then everything will be alright

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop making him angry.

0|0
    0|1
    • I don't even have to be the one that makes him angry his parents can say or do something and he's mad at me and the world. If he plans something it doesn't go right he gets mad at the world

• Show All
    • Ok... be careful.

• Thank you I will

• Dump him

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to get help

1|0
    0|0
  • Dump him

0|0
    0|0