What’s the meanest thing your partner has said to you during your relationship fights?

Did you forgive them for it eventually? What are some red flags? Are you guilty of it too, and did you mean it?

What’s the meanest thing your partner has said to you during your relationship fights?

3|1

Most Helpful Guys

• She cheated on me with about 4 dudes within 1 or 2 month span. Lied about it and when I accused her she said "if you really loved me you wouldn't accuse me of things like that" more fucked up than mean. I got tired of her shit and eventually started being more assertive with her, said something like she needs to watch herself or I'll have to move on, she goes, "oh fuck off, I could do anything I wanted and you'd come crawling right back to me" if my memory is correct our relationship ended a few hours later. For good.

6|7
    0|0
    • Ya think the other 4 guys know she's a cheat?

• Show All
    • Cause I loved her, leaving is easier said than done

• One of them tried to kill himself cause he liked her and she was just looking to fuck as many dudes as possible.

Her mother kept a photo on the fridge of her when she was a little girl (like 5 or 6) dressed up for Halloween. She had red horns on, a red tail and a trident. Toward the end I used to stare at that picture just like amazed at the real life foreshadowing. The picture was right there the whole time we dated. I'm not religious at all, I just thought like.. what are the chances of that. Just a pretty funny detail of the experience.

• The worst thing someone could do is to say NOTHING dear Richareens!!
    Silence is the worst treatment ever in my own honest opinion.
    It just shows that your partner made a decision to close themselves on you, while you should open up to each other.
    It also hurts me when people are nice and everything, then out of nowhere they ghost on you.
    Personally, I am an honest person, crystal clear with everybody, I don't get hurt easily as for I try to take into consideration the way they are feeling and what is causing them to say mean things.
    If the things they are saying are true then I will try to understand more and fix the situation.
    When anger is controlling us we mostly don't mean it, but in case we mean it, then after calming down, a serious honest open discussion should take place to work it out and put it behind us.
    We all have fights sometimes, it is OK, we are here for each other and should be mature enough to understand.

6|4
    0|0
    • Thank you for MHO dear Richareens :-)
      Don't hesitate to invite me to all of your posts, my pleasure to participate and share honest opinions.

• You’re very welcome!

Most Helpful Girls

• "You are fucking useless." Yes, I forgave him (it was 17 years ago) but it took a few years to not be hurt by the memory of that fight. He was never that cruel again. I think I may have lost my temper and said one or two equally horrific things over the years. We let it all go, move on, and learn from it.

1|2
    0|0
    • Hello skyblue can we be friends?

• Show All
    • Thank you! My husband always said that we are too stubborn for our marriage to ever let it go, and he's right. It's a choice we make. Shit can get bad and we can get into slumps, but we always get over it eventually. It takes patience and raw determination sometimes but I choose him everyday. He does the same for me.

• Both of you have common goals that's what your want. All the best!

• My boyfriend has hurt my feelings and made me cry more times than I can count.

But often, when he makes me cry he is not being mean... he is just being honest. :(

However, the worst thing I have heard from my boyfriend was that I was not thinking of him. This is the worst thing because it is completely untrue.

Everything single thing I do is done with consideration to him. I have never lived with someone before were every action of mine has to be contrary to my natural inclination. On a daily basis, I fight my natural response and do things how he wants - to the point of which way spoons point in the dishwasher.

So when he accused me of not thinking about him, I lost it! I mean Nuclear! I reached my tipping point. It was completely unfair and it did not recognize the Herculean effort on my part every day with every action of mine to accommodate him.

My man is Sheldon from the Big Bang but more intense.

And I make life easy for him. I should get a reward not more grief. :(

And what makes it most ironic is that he knows it. lol! :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww I’m sorry to hear that Lizzie, you’re a wonderful woman and your man is very lucky to have you in his life ❤️

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 47

• Honestly, I'm so happy I was really focused when I was your age. (Maybe you could say I was ugly too)
    Listen.. stop wasting your time on all this.. Be focused, have a goal.. pursue your goal.. all this relationship thing at your age is such a waste of time!

3|3
    0|0
    • Yup in more simple words... Don't fuck your life up over so insignificant things.
      There can be no answer to this question. Whenever lines of decision are blurred this like you always end up regretting for not choosing the other side.
      Dont listen to anyone's advice , you're the best judge of your situation.
      If your inner self tells to ditch your partner ditch her, if it doesn't stick to her. Just don't fret over it
      Be happy and pass this smile😊

• Thank you guys!

• Ex was in a mood one time and I took a pillow smiling and smacked her with it as a joke to lighten the mood. She instantly took it and hit me with it several times as hard as she could and yelled "I hate you!" Pillows didn't but i just stood there for a bit before walking away. She apologized same night but damage was done. Kinda made me realize maybe it's time for it to end. I never once thought I hated her so to be told that really hurt.

1|2
    0|1
  • "You're not a real man!"

Said that to me when the argument escalated to her yelling and me refusing to continue the argument if its going to be a shouting match.

1|2
    0|0
  • That they wish I was dead and there ex is better than me. That they should just go hook up with someone.

1|0
    0|0
    • What a shithead they are.

• Show All
    • You’re brave to leave. Kudos to you for realising you deserve better. I wish I had the courage.

• I think you do have that courage. :) I hope your not stuck in a bad spot.

• Called me an asshole. Because I'm emotionally insensitive towards other women, which she was insecure about.

1|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean emotionally insensitive toward? You weren't sensitive to the feelings of other women, or were you not sensitive to your gilfriend's feelings about other women?

• Show All
    • ... wow she's bad. She has no right to be upset at you for what other people are doing toward you. Drop her like a hot potato because she'll get mad at smaller and smaller stuff.

Insecure girls are bad because they need more and more handicaps to not feel worthless.

If telling her that she's amazing, beautiful, smart, etc. Isn't enough, then nothing ever will be.

• Me and ex never really had arguments, even breakup was eerily civil (extenuating circumstances), she did fire a parting shot by text a few weeks later saying I wasn't the man she thought I was, seemed harsh in circumstances (especially as she dumped me)

0|0
    0|0
  • I told her she hated men and was a fascist. I meant it. I still do. But I've left her.
    She more or less told me the same thing about me towards women.

1|3
    0|0
    • Dang, she was a hair-dyed feminazi, eh?

• Hair wasn't dyed but essentially shared beliefs about socio-constructivism (gender is a social construct) and equality... like if there's not 50/50 men and women in some activities, it must be because of misoginy... and men and women equally deserve to have their problems solved... but men suffer from no specific problems so fuck'em.

• She cursed me out for telling her she can't hangout out wit one of her friends who's also a ex but he still love her

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex and me had a fight in which she said a lot of stuff about joking respect, joking about my music taste, being absolute useless a lot of things which wasn't true at all. I just saw her anger and I didn't say anything, tried to console her. I forgave her but she still had few things kept saying.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no value or benefit for fights. If you're arguing with your guy something is wrong.
    If you don't place your relationship above petty differences, cannot discuss issues like mature adults, consider it may just not be a match. If you argue table the discussion for another time - you may need to come back to it several times, or you may simply agree to disagree. Nothing is that important that should result in a fight.
    If you are arguing with everything consider you're just not ready for a relationship. Period. Seems today many young women think they have to be right, or voice every little thought or feeling that comes into their head.

3|2
    1|0
    • Agreed, girls want to explain exactly how they think and get me to understand. I'm like.. okay I understand where you are coming from, but where you are coming from is completely fundamentally wrong. Let me explain.

Then they freak out OMG YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ME!!

Accept me for WHHO I AM!

Then I'm like.. well let's say we both are now 40. Dating all this time, and I just only accepted you for who you are. You'd be 19 in a 40 year old body. I accept you, but I also would like to grow with someone. So we need to get in sync or bye bye.

• Show All
    • @Kronky I cried when my dad died, and when my sister died. And once when heartbroken by a lover. :)

Otherwise I'm THE ROCK.

• I cried from little 13-15 year old breakups lol so I'm solid now. Out of my system

• Words don’t really hurt me because I was kind of raised in the ghetto but actions are the ones that I could never forgive

2|1
    0|0
  • “You don’t care!” that hurt my hart. I changed my entire personality for her. I did things I would never do. I bought her 100€ ring. It was my first relationship. I know better now, never change who you are, it’s not worth it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I told her she was easy... we broke up that year so i wouldn't say it was forgiven and i would claim it played a part in our separation.

1|0
    0|0
  • I told my ex the only reason any man can tolerate her is her pussy.

0|5
    3|1
  • She said to my kids, "daddy doesn't love you anymore. That's why he is leaving". This was when I was leaving for our separation. I forgave it. I didn't want to dwell on it let it control me. I have no red flags other than if someone is feeling hurt and mad, expect to see it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Current one, nothing.
    My ex started yelling at me because I forgot spinach at the store, and she called me a completely fucking useless bastard. I didn't pay it much mind, honestly, because outbursts like that are common. She has BPD, I don't blame her for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • That I don't care about the kids when in reality, and she knows it, the kids are the only 2 people that I do care about!

1|1
    0|0
  • That she isn't attracted to me anymore and hasn't loved me at all for the last month we've been together, no I still haven't forgiven them and am no longer with them

1|0
    0|0
  • I once said I hated her and she ruined my life. Not really anything mean about her. Don't stay with someone who will intentionally say things to hurt you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Called me useless that explained that she always used me! Abused me.. that proved her want for lust! Yeah moreover she'll never prefer love over that! Finally.. I just gave up on her.. will be wishing her a happy birthday for the last time soon!

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 53

• He actually has never called me a single bad name during a fight.

0|2
    0|0
  • The meanest thing he said was that he thought I hadn't put any effort into a weekend we spent with his friends at a cottage. In his eyes I "hadn't done enough to socialize with his friends", and I also "hadn't helped enough with cleaning". Well, I had told him ahead of time that I'm quite introverted and shy around new people, and that socially he shouldn't expect all too much from me during the weekend. He had said that it was totally fine, but then later on acted like I hadn't done enough anyway. Also, I had cleaned a lot. I even picked up after *other* people, not just myself, and I mopped the floor of the cottage before everyone left on the last day. I had also baked two batches of cookies for everyone (almost 20 people) which was hours of work, plus made pancakes for everyone two mornings in a row. So I was really, really hurt by the fact that he still wanted to claim that I hadn't "done enough". That was probably one of the worst fights we've had. He made me feel really shitty even though I had gone above and beyond. Luckily he realized how wrong he was when he saw how upset I was, and when I literally made a list out of all the things I had done and shoved it in his face. I actually still get kinda mad thinking about it even though it was a year ago.

2|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it’s annoying when your efforts go unnoticed and someone has the nerve to say you could’ve done more. Like fuck no.

• Only fight me and my boyfriend has had is about ham 😂😂 baso i was gonna cook us a pasta bake (ham and cheese) for tea then he comes out and says he doesn't like ham to whoch i replied "why the fuck did you say you'd eat it then. I bought 2 packs of ham ffs." 😂😂😂

He ended up saying "are we really fighting about ham" and i said "no, we're fighting because you lied about liking ham."

Stupidiest fight ever 😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
    • XD that's amazing. I'm sorry, I had to laugh a bit at that. Ham is prerry darn good though.

• Show All
    • That's perfect lol.

• Ahahahha, so cute.

• Worst guy had the nerve to call me inconsiderate, when in reality I did everything for them and only asked for a little in return. I also called spoiled brat, and then proceeded to act like he knew everything about my life and my family. He also would poke about my first love and say shit like “so did... cheat on you or somthing”

1|0
    0|0
  • He was like “Ugh, dont tell me you're about to start crying again!”

That really hurt but yea at times i was guilty of fake crying (he didn't know) because i wanted my way and it usually worked. But clearly it annoyed him.

Meanest thing i prob said to him was that he's cheap. He is tho

1|0
    0|0
  • That I don’t listen to him. He knows better not to call me actually bad names cos I’d kill him 😂 but still it hurt that he said that because I truly do always listen to him whenever he needs me

1|1
    0|0
  • My ex would go straight to attacking me personally. Anywhere from name calling to legitimate threats.
    Eventually i smartened up and left his ass.

In arguments im usually the calmer one. I avoid name calling and try to stay on the main topic. If its going south I'll say im done talking and walk away.. Usually. We all have our moments lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I've grown up around a lot of abusive people in my life, but never in an abusive relationship. We fight plenty. But because we're both very high anxiety. But we never get physical, threaten or name call. I'd be gone immediately. I've had enough of that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never had an argument with any of my past or current relationship. If anything my last ex used to have out bursts of anger, I knew he had anger issues but eventually I got more scared of him. But my current relationship has only been a year in and have never got the urge to argue or be upset with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother abandoned me as a child.

With that being said, my ex partner once told me in a fight "it's not my fault my mom loved me and yours didn't love you" just to win a fight.

To this day, he is still the only person to ever say that to me or about me.

3|2
    0|0
    • Really! That toxic dude😑

• Show All
    • I can totally relate to that. Can't believe such people exist. My ex had similar issues like she was adopted due to her bio mother didn't wanted her and was throwing her away. We had fights and she said a lot of stuff, one too had my weakness which she expoited but I didn't scoop that low at all. We ended breaking up which I feel I did so much for her but still. Just saying can understand and you really are strong woman.

• Thank you! I rise above it!

• Me ex about 11 months ago now... before he left... he said in our fight; "I never once in my life wanted to hit someone as much as I want to hit you" - not hurt but hit. He didn't hit me, but that was a big red flag he was an abuser! Temper.

1|2
    0|1
    • Abusers don't restrain themselves from abuse. He wasn't an abuser.

• Show All
    • Well I was going off of "he said he wanted to hit me so that's how I knew he was an abuser" to be an abuser, one must have actually abused, not just talked about it.

I was commenting based on the info you gave, not your entire life experience.

• @Adam_INTJ I know... sorry but i was just commenting what you said. But let's get off the subject. Thanks for posting this question! 😉😊

• We have never, ever said hurtful things to each other in the entire eleven years of being together. Neither of us would insult the other for no reason and since I don't think he is an asshole or whatever then I'm never going to call him that... and vice versa.

0|1
    0|0
    • This is a very rare type of relationship nowadays. In my experience on GAG at least. Almost every relationship here included fights and name calling and people are actually convinced, that it's normal. I say it's not.
      It seems like one in then relationships are like yours.
      I'm looking forward to count my years too without fighting or any of that childish name calling. Right now i reached 1 month.

• Show All
    • There was almost nothing i could say to my parents without getting them upset or being shot down. As such i grew up extremely introverted, lonely and socially anxious as well as being a social outcast. I even had cherophobia and depression.

Anything and everything i tried was futile. Screaming back gave me a sore throat. Becoming violent or angry made me tired too fast and made my mood even worse. Apologizing didn't do anything either and neither did just talking calmly.

Anyway, since i left my parents home i started to get out of my shell gradually. For some reason i have lesser fights with strangers than my parents.

And now its freaky to see strangers saying "fights are need in a relationship". They remind me of my creators.

• Oh yeah, this also resulted in me not talking with them like almost at all.
      Because (i was even told that by one of them) when i open my mouth, it's always shit or trouble. Well, there they go. Now I'm not speaking to them.

Reap every seed, that was sown.

• flashback 2012: I have a very stable and hig paying job. (he doesn't) so he asked me to resign so I can be with him. so I did. after3 months I think, he told me I'm useless and jobless and he asked me to pretend that we broke up already coz I am a shame to his family he said 😂. so I worked again and left him.😂 worst thing ever but a great lesson 😊

1|2
    0|0
    • That was really pathetic!

• Show All
    • WOW. Great to know that I'm not the worst guy in the universe lol

• haha.. congratulations. I hope u don't turn out to be one 😂..

• I told my ex boyfriend about the time a man touched me in a sexual way without my consent when I was ten and my boyfriend was like "You are not pure anymore that means" even if I am saving myself for marriage (not that purity depends on sex). I was really hurt by that but got past it. It was a red flag though he was not a good guy.

3|0
    0|0
    • That's not what determines your purity! People forget to love souls n love the body instead in every way they can! N that's where there small mind gets caught

• I told him fuck him and I don't want to be around him and his negative energy and told him he needs to leave. He called me trifling, and just basically told me what a fuck up I am. Then told me I mean and he thinks I'll be mean to our kids cause I was being mean to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't date or get together with mean men, they would be history if they said anything really nasty or awful to me. Thankfully my partner is a really nice man and values that I am nice too, so we deseve each other and stay together.

0|0
    0|0
  • The most awful thing I’ve ever said to my partner is ‘ I don’t love you anymore’. Even though I did love him but he just really annoyed me and I felt so so low at the time. By all means I’m not justifying it as I was a cunt for saying that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I told my ex once that I was having a lot of mental health issues at the time, and wanted to take a break because I was to stressed. He told me that I “don’t need those feelings” because I said I was struggling and felt trapped and I was miserable. I forgave him after a little while. I don’t really know if he was ever truly sorry or meant it when he said he was.

0|0
    0|0
  • I asked my boyfriend to get a cup so I could put his pens away, and he called me a pain in the ***.

1|0
    0|0
  • He said "bitch i will cut your leg if i catch you cheating"

1|0
    0|0
    • yikes, i wouldn't take that if i were you, and sounds like he could evenetually be a criminal

• Show All
    • yeah, good girl

• Choking you... this man’s mental. Glad you left his violent ass.

• More from Girls

Recommended myTakes