Should I go and develop this long distance relationship? he’s in the military in a different country and I’m a civilian living in another?

I met a guy from my best friend’s wedding - he was from the groom’s side and I was the bridesmaid. He’s from Holland and I live in London. We both have very different backgrounds - he’s a countryman in the military as he is a bomb disposal officer and is always travelling away from his home. I’m a city girl and an architect who needs to be in London for my job.

We hit it off immediately and we ended up making out the entire evening and it was one of the sweetest moments I’ve had. He told me he’s seen a photo of me 2 years ago when my friend was trying to introduce potential girls to him as he’s single, but he never thought he would actually meet me. The next morning after our night, we were a bit weird, perhaps it was from being tired, so I never said my goodbye and thought that he saw it as a one off thing as you do at weddings.

I knew I would never see him again because not only does he live in another country, but he’s also in the military - which makes it twice as hard. We never exchanged numbers, but I got his number from my friend because I wanted to leave him a message and say my goodbyes. I was prepared to leave it because I didn’t see it working.

He actually replied and said that he didn’t mind me having his number and that he had a really nice time also. He asked why in my message I made it sound like he would never see me again because he wants to and maybe he will drop by in London when he visits his brother (who is also in the military) and that he’s attracted to me.

What’s the success rate of making this work? Is it worth it? I just got out of a relationship three months ago and tbh this guy is very sweet and feels very different in a way that my ex boyfriend never treated me.

20