He's frustrating me, Does he like me or not?

I've been friends with this guy for 10 months and we've always had a flirtatious relationship, he finally asked me out on a date last week after many cancelations and it went well and i actually like him. My problem with him is that i don't know if he actually wants to start something with me.

He'll literary ask me to meet him for drinks an hour before and obviously i won't be able to make it but he doesn't understand that i live far and getting ready then meeting him in the city takes long. I even asked him to give me at least 4 hours notice before asking me out on a whim, when i tell him my free days he will reply ' yah i'm hanging out with my mates or studying on those days' and when i ask for his availability, he's say something like 'yah sorry i don't know, i'l get back to you' but then again he won't ask until the very last minute on that day.

He literary hangs out with his friends 4/7 days a week and he can't spare a few seconds to go on a proper date with me, am i just being weird or do i have a reason to be annoyed? I've just reached a stage where i'm bored

21