Is it stupid or shallow to judge someone based on who they’ve previously dated or been married to?

I recently started seeing this guy, and I’m very interested in him and we have a great connection. I showed his Facebook to my best friend and right away she saw who his ex wife was, and just started ripping into them both. His ex wife was very overweight (he’s little), she’s white (he’s Hispanic), and her face isn’t attractive at all. My friend was like shocked, saying look at his ex wife! She looks like a foot! She’s so ugly! And then said he was only with her for a green card. Then she just said I could do better than him, basically based off of his ex wife.

What are your thoughts?
I found it very judgmental.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no.

It's a good indicator of their level of mental energy. People rarely over/under marry. Their adversities may differ, however they're usually on the same page. For example, a relationship breaks up because of poor communication; it's always both people who have communication issues

• Not really. My mom and Dad have terrible communication but it’s all because of my dad. My mom constantly tries to communicate in all sorts of ways but he just blows it all off

• So... with respect. If she wants different results, she needs to do different things.
      him blowing her of is completely wrong. I suspect she approaches the conversation the same way every time.
      That is where she needs to improve her communication skills.

• She does not, she has tried various ways as I previously mentioned above