Why am I treated different after weight loss?

So I am so proud and my body has shifted! I lost 95 pounds, I am 5 ft and weigh 110. I used to be 205, and now I am 110. I am treated so differently it's crazy. I documented it all on the gram so a lot of people are like OMG YAY. But why are people now paying attention to me that wouldn't have before. INCLUDING guys I went to high school with, they are starting to say "Wow you look great" but I don't understand haha. I am getting noticed more and I don't really like it cause I don't wanna be center of attention. Why am I treated so differently?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You probably went straight from undateable to out of their league for a bunch of these guys.

That kind of weight change has a staggering impact on your desirability as a romantic/sexual partner. It's about equal to if an unemployed out of shape guy in sweatpants becomes a lawyer joins a gym and starts dressing well.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahahah yes! That's exactly what it is. I just got healthy went vegetarian and I was sick of being sick. I was having health problems and I was complaining, but not doing a damn thing. Then I just started to run and cut out carbs and sugars. It was tough, but the end result was worth every tear I cried. But yeah, I have a boyfriend and these guys won't stop talking to me. My boyfriend has been through it all with me, and I love him. But these guys need to shut the fuck up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because since now you’re not fat people find you attractive

4|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• So you lost 95 pounds, you documented all, and you have noooo idea why people might be noticing you more... 🤦. I feel like you're wanting us to tell you the obvious: you were fat, now you're fit. People like fit people. That's why they treat you differently.

1|1
    0|0
  • Uh what is there to understand? People are naturally not attracted to fat and obesity, and they ARE naturally attracted to slimness of figure. It's simple evolutionary biology. How are you confused about something so simple?

1|0
    0|0
  • Sexual marketability. The better you look the more attention you get.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because most people in modern society find skinny to be attractive. It's not that complicated. You just fit more people's definition of physically attractive now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you most likely look sexy now if you lost so much, you must look attractive so people are here paying attention to you, society right smh

0|0
    0|0
  • "I don't understand haha"
    Quit the act, you perfectly know why, you were fat.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because you look better. Not rocket science lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're right, I guess it was a stupid question hahaa xD

• Because you probably look better now

1|0
    0|0
    • I sometimes wake up and look in the mirror and I am like "OMG who is that" hahaha

• Hahah nice

• If you respect yourself then so will others.

1|0
    0|0
  • A pretty girl is basically a bug zapper for guys

1|0
    0|0
  • Because people didn't find you attractive before

0|1
    0|0
  • well no one likes when they are over weight and fat, thats what kind of society we live in

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes