Do guys pull away when stressed?

My boyfriend is in nursing school and has to take finals next week on top of working full-time as a paramedic, and he's been pretty distant lately. I want to believe it's just due to his crazy schedule right now, but I can't help but feel like it has something to do with me. Is this just a guy thing?
Do guys pull away when stressed?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• RN here. Finals are stressful for everyone, but nursing school finals are a beast of their own. Most questions go along the lines of ‘here is a patient scenario. All of the answers are correct, but choose the answer that is the most correct.’ Let him focus on his studies, especially if he is also working full time. This is not the time for you to be needy or think that he should spend more time with you.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your boyfriend has one of the highest stress occupations of all, plus he has finals for nursing school which I can't imagine are easy... and you are trying to make it about you? Your boyfriends life doesn't revolve around you.

5|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I always pull out

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do just like women do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just give him some space until they're done

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yea... don't girls do it to?

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a guy thing. I'm definitely like that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yoooooooooooooooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they do sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course. Women do this too, by the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on individual

0|0
    0|0
  • I pull away when im stressed, like always

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes omg

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can do with music

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeeee

0|0
    0|0
  • I know I do

0|0
    0|0
  • They do

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend does the same with exams/studying. I think he just prioritises them over anything else which is why, so I doubt it’s to do with you but you should bring it up because he might not realise he does it

0|0
    0|0
  • Pull away? more like vanish completely. That's part of why I don't do relationships...

0|0
    0|0
  • many do, but not all. Have you asked him if he's stressed out?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in nursing school. It's fucking hell. I don't have time to clean my toilet let alone spend time with family and friends.. please give him the space he needs and try to be understanding.

1|0
    0|0
  • Should they not? Girls say guys have to love themself before they love others, and if he can't deal with problems himself he'll come across as needy and you'll be on here complaining that he isn't a real man and he needs help which is unmanly

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah definitely, he has to concentrate on career first

0|0
    0|0
  • If he don't pull away, it will be stressed on top of stressed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had an ex that was in nursing and he didn't pull away hut he was suuuuuuper busy trying to pass whatever exam it is that nurses have to take ! I made the mistake of taking it personal and not listening to him. trust me, it's more than likely not you. After he passed and got his job and all he was working crazy shifts too. so just be patient. and honestly, you might find that he's too busy. I def. hope that's not the case though! Goodluck!!

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest I went through the same thing and when I’m incredibly stressed I don’t want to be short tempered with those I care about, so keeping myself to myself enabled me to get stuck in and manage everything I needed to as well as ensuring I didn’t snap at anyone else. I’d say it’s nothing personal and probably for your benefit as well as his more than anything. Just be supportive and it won’t go unnoticed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also from experience in those fields myself, that man is a legend! It’s one of the most hardest areas to study in with the type of work and time demands etc. Give him some credit where credit is due.

• i know i pull away when cumming

0|1
    1|0
  • So you understand that he's in nursing school, has finals coming up, and is a full time paramedic... and you think this is about you? I don't think this is a guy thing or a girl thing. I think this is a busy person thing. Unless you've got some unresolved issues he's probably just busy. If you still feel the he's distant after finals then ask what's up.

3|4
    0|0

Recommended myTakes