Am I asking too much?

Honestly. Here’s the story: I’m a strong woman, I don’t let people walk all over me like I wouldn’t walk on anyone else. I want a man who won’t cheat, if he does I’ll leave. Simple. Somebody said it was weak of me to give up so quick but wtf! That would make me fall out of love in a snap and cause extreme levels of jealousy, may as well leave with a bruise instead of a broken bone. Then I have a specific taste in guys - I like a guy who’s educated, I don’t mean to an extreme or anything, but I study hard... so I need someone mentally equal. I like somebody easygoing, as I am, and won’t take my jokes personally because I am one sarcastic girl😂. Also adventurous... or simply not a couch potato. I have this adrenaline addiction so I love traveling, and doing crazy stunts and just experiencing life and such. I don’t care about career, family life, or past. I just want someone to see me as an equal and respect that I am not going to be a trophy wife or house wife. Medical school is expensive and a long process... I’ll be damned in that degree goes to waste because I try to be a house wife. Some guy told me I ask too much, but I don’t want to lower what I think I deserve... I put my all into relationships, I have a high libido and love having fun, I pretty much enjoy all sports. I feel like overall I’m a fun/good person, so why would I lower those ideals? Should I?

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Lmao this isn't asking for too much. Education and someone with a good sense of humor? this is literally nothing compared to other people with unrealistic standards. Your standards are fine and everyone has their own standards. And that guy who told you that is probably one very insecure person

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Nope never asking to much hun its them not you.. Thats not to much to ask for at all.. And some guys look for girls like you all the time.. I hope i said all this right.. And i hope your having a phenomenal day today.. If anything you can text me and just talk..

1|0
    0|1
  • So basically, you want a normal guy. I guess you're not asking too much.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nah, those are realistic standards. The way you've described yourself is actually what I find attractive. I fell in love with my ex because she was my equal, and sometimes my superior in certain aspects. She told me she was attracted to me because of my quiet confidence, intelligence, and relentless drive.

I really enjoyed sharing that brief moment of my life with her because it felt like we could take on anything the world threw at us. Unfortunately, the relationship wasn't sustainable beyond a year because she was haunted by personal insecurities and some heart wrenching past experiences. She said that she thought I deserved someone better than her. I tried to tell her otherwise, but every word and act of affection further convinced her that I'm worse off with her in my life.

Anyway... I still miss her, and last I heard from her, she missed me quite a bit too. However, I'm sure I'll eventually meet another person who's as fantastic as her.

TL;DR: Your standards are reasonable, but you may have to sort through quite a few guys until you find someone who matches your preferences.

1|0
    0|0
  • --I want a man who won’t cheat, if he does I’ll leave

Fair, not too much to ask.

--Somebody said it was weak of me to give up so quick:

What is weak is to not be strong enough to leave the person who hurt you but who you love.

--Then I have a specific taste in guys - I like a guy who’s educated, I don’t mean to an extreme or anything, but I study hard... so I need someone mentally equal

Fair enough, if you work hard and you value work ethic. Its natural to want someone who understands its value. A bum won't value it.

As far as educated is concerned, its a little bit off because I don't consider someone who studies pointless college courses as educated. If a man or a woman spends 3-4 years learning a pointless liberal arts course, harry potter studies, lesbian tap dancing, commie propaganda.. its not really education.

I consider someone who has worked as a carpentor or any other skill to be much more educated than them. So education is somewhat depending on what exactly they did with their time and money. If a girl I'm dating decides to drop out of high school and has mastered painting or music, etc etc.. she'd damn educated to me.

-- I like somebody easygoing, as I am, and won’t take my jokes personally because I am one sarcastic girl

Ehhhhhhhhh I'm easygoing too but when life bogs me down, I tend to get really serious and get offended lol. I'd like a girl who recognizes the time to joke around, when I'm sad about some shit.. she better not say hurtful stuff even as a joke. It will really get to me.

---Also adventurous... or simply not a couch potato. I have this adrenaline addiction so I love traveling, and doing crazy stunts and just experiencing life and such. I don’t care about career, family life, or past

Not too much to ask, if a person is comfortable to never leave their hometown and do anything, I'd not date them either.. I find it as a lack of interest in life and exploring things.

Crazy stunts-- hmm when I was younger i'd do stupid crazy things but after several serious injuries.. I think a mellow girl who does not want to kill me would be nice LOL

-- I just want someone to see me as an equal and respect that I am not going to be a trophy wife or house wife. Medical school is expensive and a long process

Absolutely. I completely agree with this. I spent the last 5 years of my life battling all kinds of problems, extremely pitiful health, money, sacrificed my social life to try and get into med school. - continued in a reply lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Not many people realize how much a med school student sacrifices in terms of social life, declining every party request or having to focus on school instead of pursuing someone. When you fail, the amount of shit you get at home from people who say you are making a big mistake.

To overcome this you gotta have insane willpower. And for someone to expect a girl or a guy to just drop the career you fucking worked so hard for to stay at home is INSANE. I would never do it unless my children needed me and even that would be temporarily. Family comes first yes but being a doc is a part of your lifestyle.

--. I put my all into relationships, I have a high libido and love having fun, I pretty much enjoy all sports. I feel like overall I’m a fun/good person, so why would I lower those ideals? Should I?

I put my all into relationships aswell. It took me 4-5 years to completely get over my ex-girlfriend. If your giving your everything, expecting the same is fair aswell.

• So to answer your question, your not asking too much but be flexible with the education bit and what my mom says is.. marry another doctor. Only other doctors can truly understand each other's struggle.

• No guy can compete with that, do you want him to be an indoor person who studies hard, or an outdoor person who's adventurous? You can't have both. Many guys if faced with such standards would feel inadequate and not worth your time. You can have those expectations but as long as you realise that 95% of guys won't meet them. Just date someone you like for their personality. It's much easier and it will lead to a much more compatible relationship.

1|1
    0|0
    • As I said in the passage, not a guy who Studies hard or whatever😂 A guy who isn’t fucking dumb if I should be blunt. I’m surrounded by dumb ass boys who only care about drugs and fighting and skip every class they have. So I guess I mean somebody who has a brain that works and functions correctly.

• I’m intelligent and spend time outside. Did you know people aren’t confined any certain stereotype? Smart people do stuff too... surprising, right?

• Yeah they go out and do stuff every now and then but if you want someone intelligent, they'll most likely be someone who you know... works for their intelligence, and if you want a guy who doesn't fight and can function in society, that can be solved by just not dating complete chavs. 😂 I don't really have standards for girls I go out with... (because I'm a desperate) 😂 I usually go on compatibility of personality and how well we go together. It's just easier and my partner doesn't have to deal with unachievable expectations.

• You're on the fast lane 😂I'm joking. Life is about compromise. It'd be the same equasion if you turn the table around. Or maybe you just need to reach your goals prior to settling down.. t

1|0
    0|0
    • I’ve not set these like laws... the guy who told me was my friend, not someone who was courting me or vice versa. I give guys a chance, I have went on many dates with all kinds of different guys, but ultimately I end up hurt because they a) have a different lifestyle from me, b) are just overall bad people, or c) don’t actually care for a relationship.

• Some people blame on luck. But I think it's just down to how you come across in most cases. Certain men that you mentioned gravitate towards certain attributes.. if you have a friend/s that are happy observe and learn. And don't listen to people with bad energy...

• Not cheating is a basic feature of any relationship.

Wanting a job is also. So be patient.

1|0
    0|0
    • I meant deserve as meaning compared to a guy who isn’t going to put the same amount of effort into the relationship and just sucks overall.

• You don't need to clarify. Those are valid expectations from a relationship. Anyone who says to put more effort in after cheating is either a cheater or an idiot.

• Guys must feel motivated to develop themselves to become as educated and interesting person as you are presenting yourself. Do not give up.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, those are fine standards. I have the same standards set for any girls I like. They can be super pretty but be lazy and I wouldn't even think of asking her out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope don't ever lower the bar cause no one can reach it. If they really like u they will strive to better themselves until they can reach the bar. Now say I was the guy and I like u a lot I'm gonna do my best to be what u want in a guy without changing who I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are looking in wrong countries and the countries you will find what you want don't suit your way of life

1|0
    0|0
  • No you're not

Everyone has different expectations from people and you'll surely get your guy with the qualities you want in him.

1|0
    0|0
  • No definitely not. Dont change your taste for anyone else (until you think he is worth it) . try to be what you are for as long as possible

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't deserve anything, but you have every right to have a "type" that you like. I hope you find him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly you write this good but relationships are so difficult and harder nowadays.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. My standards and personality are pretty close to that as well

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it👍 I'm glad your excited about your dreams

1|0
    0|0
  • I like those girls who talk and ask to much and doing crazy and funny things

1|0
    0|0
  • No lower your ideals because you will be unhappy it happened to me. That's how unhapypy marriage happens you will find your self probably cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • No I feel the same, cheating is a deal breaker

1|0
    0|0
  • Agreed

1|0
    0|0
  • You're asking too much

1|0
    0|0
  • you are not strong