Guys, why do you like girls who are superficial?

So I'm kinda new to Instagram and I find many accounts even ridiculous. I'm sure you all know that kind of girl who only posts pictures of herself trying to look hot - not even smiling, just showing off and having an "I love haters" kind of attitude. Sure they are beautiful, but to me, the whole scene just takes all beauty away from them. Do you get me?

Well it's come to my attention that many guys love to follow that kind of girl... To me that is just thirsty as hell. At the end of the day, would you not prefer a girl who maybe doesn't look like a model but sure cares about her friends/ has a degree/ isn't so egotistic? Please enlighten me!!

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I do agree with you mostly.

I care about personality more than looks. Because i do believe life is made by our mind not by our body. Who we are and the impacts we make in the world is an impression of our personality. Our character is what defines us in essential stages of life.

For example; Nikola Tesla achieved what he achieved not because he was cutely handsome; but because he had the personality and the mindset to get there. No one cares if Martin Luther King JR was tall or short; but everyone remember his character and the legacy he has left behind. This is our world. Mind; personality and character. Not body and body parts.

Although; when it comes to internet outlets and famous models with unimaginable number of followers, i don't think [many] guys would necessarily enjoy that atmosphere and attitude. I would replace the phrase [Many] with [Some] to create more balance in the concept. I believe [Some] guys is what it is. Moreover; another point i would like you to pay attention to would be the interesting fact that not all of those some people actually feel invested and committed to the real-life character of those fancy-internet models. The reason many of those guys follow these models on internet is just entertainment and temporarily lust. A visual pleasure. The attention you are referring to can be death within few years. Usually it's not permanent nor passionate. Just a fun station during time-wasting of social media.

Additionally; you have mentioned several traits describing a positive image of more in-depth individual such as caring, humbleness and academic education. So I have to mention that i do not care about academic degrees at all. It's a positive bonus but not priority. They are just a worthless piece of paper that does not define anything significant about a person. Academic degree does not insert personality; knowledge; and wisdom. You can have all that without academic degree and you can have academic degree but lack these traits severely. There is no link between them. I'd never base a judgement; behavior and value through the lens of these materialized papers.

• Wow! Thank you for your reply. I agree... I do think that a degree goes beyond a piece of paper - I am on my 3rd year of Med School and I have felt myself becoming wiser and culturally aware over the past year. That is not to say that a person without a degree can't be wise. In the end it all comes down to what you do with what you have.

• That is part of my belief actually.

If you really take a closer look; academic degrees are way too materialized. The traditional concept is different with modernized concept. It's not 100 years ago were the access to books and knowledge being limited to college only. So the difference between an educated person and uneducated person starts to feel entirely touchable. Today; educated person is not necessarily holding a degree. Degrees today are only a getaway toward the job market.

The essential point that you have mentioned which completes my note above; [You find yourself wiser and culturally aware]. This is why i believe degree doesn't add anything. Because it doesn't do anything on it's own. It's depended on the person. It's more of a personal journey. Degrees doesn't impact anyone automatically. So you are right; [In the end it all comes down to what you do with what you have]. That's exactly what i meant.