Guys, why do you like girls who are superficial?

So I'm kinda new to Instagram and I find many accounts even ridiculous. I'm sure you all know that kind of girl who only posts pictures of herself trying to look hot - not even smiling, just showing off and having an "I love haters" kind of attitude. Sure they are beautiful, but to me, the whole scene just takes all beauty away from them. Do you get me?

Well it's come to my attention that many guys love to follow that kind of girl... To me that is just thirsty as hell. At the end of the day, would you not prefer a girl who maybe doesn't look like a model but sure cares about her friends/ has a degree/ isn't so egotistic? Please enlighten me!!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I do agree with you mostly.

I care about personality more than looks. Because i do believe life is made by our mind not by our body. Who we are and the impacts we make in the world is an impression of our personality. Our character is what defines us in essential stages of life.

For example; Nikola Tesla achieved what he achieved not because he was cutely handsome; but because he had the personality and the mindset to get there. No one cares if Martin Luther King JR was tall or short; but everyone remember his character and the legacy he has left behind. This is our world. Mind; personality and character. Not body and body parts.

Although; when it comes to internet outlets and famous models with unimaginable number of followers, i don't think [many] guys would necessarily enjoy that atmosphere and attitude. I would replace the phrase [Many] with [Some] to create more balance in the concept. I believe [Some] guys is what it is. Moreover; another point i would like you to pay attention to would be the interesting fact that not all of those some people actually feel invested and committed to the real-life character of those fancy-internet models. The reason many of those guys follow these models on internet is just entertainment and temporarily lust. A visual pleasure. The attention you are referring to can be death within few years. Usually it's not permanent nor passionate. Just a fun station during time-wasting of social media.

Additionally; you have mentioned several traits describing a positive image of more in-depth individual such as caring, humbleness and academic education. So I have to mention that i do not care about academic degrees at all. It's a positive bonus but not priority. They are just a worthless piece of paper that does not define anything significant about a person. Academic degree does not insert personality; knowledge; and wisdom. You can have all that without academic degree and you can have academic degree but lack these traits severely. There is no link between them. I'd never base a judgement; behavior and value through the lens of these materialized papers.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow! Thank you for your reply. I agree... I do think that a degree goes beyond a piece of paper - I am on my 3rd year of Med School and I have felt myself becoming wiser and culturally aware over the past year. That is not to say that a person without a degree can't be wise. In the end it all comes down to what you do with what you have.

• That is part of my belief actually.

If you really take a closer look; academic degrees are way too materialized. The traditional concept is different with modernized concept. It's not 100 years ago were the access to books and knowledge being limited to college only. So the difference between an educated person and uneducated person starts to feel entirely touchable. Today; educated person is not necessarily holding a degree. Degrees today are only a getaway toward the job market.

The essential point that you have mentioned which completes my note above; [You find yourself wiser and culturally aware]. This is why i believe degree doesn't add anything. Because it doesn't do anything on it's own. It's depended on the person. It's more of a personal journey. Degrees doesn't impact anyone automatically. So you are right; [In the end it all comes down to what you do with what you have]. That's exactly what i meant.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• No give me the women with ambition. I want a life partner with ambition and a good personality. The only reason guys follow them is because they are thirty or perverts. I don’t know why some guy would constantly want to get a boner on instagram. I don’t have any interest in watching some Instagram women trying to show of her new “pants” every five minutes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly my point! Sure I'm not a guy, but this goes both ways... And for me, hot muscular guys who have that kind of accounts are surely a turnoff. In the end, it's ambition/ character/ intelligence/ hobbies what really turns me on! Being attractive to me is necessary for sure but I'm not really after the model-without-brains type.

• Basically exactly why you said. Most guys on Instagram and such will follow pretty/hot girls because eye candy. They will also follow people that post things they are interested in. My Instagram is almost entirely "beautiful" girls as you said and makers.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn't you call them "beautiful"?

• I don't know. They are visually pleasing people. I don't really care to much about the vocabulary used unless it's about 1 person.

• Well guys are thirsty. That's all there is to it. It doesn't necessarily mean we'd date that type of girl (although my friends may beg to differ), but they just like looking at attractive women. I don't know what else to tell you

1|0
    0|0
  • Because its sexy? ... When they take care of themselves 😛

1|0
    0|0
    • I care about my body, but I also care about other things. Not incompatible! Beauty adds to brains for sure.

• Guys don’t follow them because they would like to date. They just want to go deep inside and leave the nuts hanging out. They prefer to date a normal girl tho

1|0
    0|0
  • If we follow those accounts it would be just because they look sexy and thats it. But personally, when choosing a SO i would go with the caring one, not the show off

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't follow because they care about personality or what a woman has to say if we think she's gonna post some sexy pics that's all we care about

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd definitely take the girl with goals and serious interests before the hottie wit the body.

1|0
    0|0
  • Theyre not being followed for dating purposes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like superficial girls

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause they're hot, duh

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like girls

0|0
    0|0
  • those are called instagram models. They're mostly fake. and use fake makeup

1|0
    0|0
    • Makeup is fine to me. It's the whole image of being so self-centered and not into anything that doesn't involve having a great body what pulls me away.

• just sayin'

• no i dont get you, they are SEXY AF, i bet you either are shy girl or just jealous

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not! I look pretty fine but I am certainly more rounded up. It applies to guys as well, a guy that only cares about his muscles is definitely not worth my interest. Beauty fades over the years, personality doesn't.

Recommended myTakes