New boyfriend doesn't want to meet my parents, what should I do?

I'm a 19 year old female and I've been dating this guy for about 2 months who is the same age. I suggested over text that he comes over to my place after our date that we planned (I still live with my parents) and that my parents would be home at the time and he could meet them.

He texted me back and it said "I honestly don't know if I want to meet your parents just yet, ik you met my sister but it's definitely different from parents". I was at his house last week and his sister came home and he introduced me with no issues, I've also met a few of his friends so it confuses me why he was not eager to come to my house. Is this just being nervous/shy or does he not want to continue the relationship? I care for him and I don't wanna push his boundaries but I don't want to waste time on him if he doesn't want to ever move forward.

2246

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t rush things. Take your time. I wouldn’t want to meet my partners parents after just two or so months...
    let things fall into place. Trying to not “waste time” is going to only hurt your relationship with your partner. Taking time makes you both learn more about each other and makes you feel more comfortable around your partner and the things they want. So by you thinking you’re wasting time on this guy because after two months he still didn’t want to meet your parents... is well... sad. Is you love and care about him then you’d respect his decision and not force him. Things will happened when they are meant to happen.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that just based off of him not wanting to see your parents you shouldn't think he doesn't wanna continue. The most likely thing thats happening is he is nervous/shy to meet your parents and is maybe trying to avoid it. My advice is try to talk with him more about it and understand eachother on it.