Is 6 months a long time for a relationship?

My boyfriend & I have been dating for 6 months and I honestly feel like he is the one. We are moving to go to grad school together, but he isn't that excited about it. He said he feels it will make or break our relationship but probably break it because he doesn't think we will be able to handle having the same exact schedule for the next 2 years and spend that much time together... even though we already see each other almost every day anyway.

I brought up it would be good practice for marriage and then he said he didn't even want to think about marriage until after he was done with grad school and settled in his career.

I know 6 months isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things, but I feel like it's long enough for him to know if he sees a future with me or not. And based on his comments I'm worried he's already made up his mind it isn't going to last

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he is scared that you will lose interest within that time. Also marriage is a pretty scary thing to think about. And too much time together can also ruin things.

Most Helpful Girl