How to talk to a cute guy at work?

I’ve spoken to him a few times, mostly when we were on a sporting team with the company together. But I don’t work with him on many accounts so I don’t have an “excuse” to talk to him.
I’m not a shy person but when it comes to trying to talk to a guy I definitely am. How can I just get to know him a bit without seeming creepy?
I know the obvious answer is to ask him out but afraid of rejection cause it’s happened to me quite a few times.(And yes I know, don’t dip your pen in the company ink lol but to be fair our company isn’t too strict when it comes to things like this, people in the office have dated in the past)
Any advice?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask for another set of hands on something. I dont know your work but any guy intrested should jump at the chance to help. Have a little chat while focused on a job at hand.