I’m too old for this?

I catch this man staring quite a bit, he looks away when I do catch him. Often times he magically shows up in the same hallway as me, knows exactly when I’ll be at school, makes small talk, looks directly at me, blushes, then runs away to do “work”. My friends have noticed him looking for me, or when he sees me, he makes a point to get in my line of sight so I’ll notice him. He gets really excited and makes a shocked expression when he sees me, full animated eyebrows, wide eyes, kind of like my kid when we hit up a cupcake shop LOL!!
Recently when I showed him my class graduating composite, he asked if he could have a copy, or how he might go about obtaining one.
This saga all originally began in 2015. He was my instructor then, I his student. Flash forward to January 2018, and it’s all picked up right where we left off, nothing much has changed except I’m sensing he’s very interested now, or extremely nice. He transferred over from another college as their instructor and now is at the college I attend. I recently graduated and I felt like that might change the dynamic between us, but nothing. He made it a special point to let me know he attended my graduation, even grabbed my arm in the applause tunnel, and wanted a picture with me afterwards. He’s very shy, super intelligent, but that’s not enough of an excuse for me to say “he’s shy, he won’t make a move”. What am I missing? Is the age old saying “if he’s interested he’ll pursue you” still true?
Help! I haven’t dated in many years, is this really how men are now?
(Background info: He’s 34, very backwards as far as dating ie; possibly Amish 😂... I’m 38 and am clueless.)

08

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a fine line for sexual harassment and he's trying not to cross it. If you touch him on the shoulder, arm, or lower back he'll get the signal. Things have changed in the past ten years for sure. You may have to make the first move if you're interested.

• I agree and especially in the college setting this applies. He’s done the same a few times (touch on the arm), never inappropriate, always polite. Thanks for the comment!