What are the advantages/disadvantages of being single vs being in a relationship?

715

Most Helpful Guys

• In my own honest opinion, it depends on who you are, what you like and your own lifestyle.
    Even though, living it alone is harsh and cruel honestly. Imagine finding the right soul that shares the same lifestyle as yours, how would your life be? Compare it with living it alone, again, how would that other option be?
    In both situations there are advantages and disadvantages. But when you are in a relationship with the right soul, the "Balance" will weight more on the "Advantages" plate.
    - Having a meal alone or sharing it with someone?
    - Playing video games alone or with your SO? (yes, she could be a gamer or musician)
    - Going for a walk alone or while holding your lover's hand?
    - Holding your pillow on bed at night while sleeping or having your arm around your life time partner?
    - After a long hectic day, you get home, would it comfort you to stay by yourself between four walls or have your SO listen to you and making you feel better?
    - Would you rather watch TV alone or share a nice episode of an interesting TV series with your lover?
    - Face life's bad events alone or hand in hand with your SO?
    etc...
    The list goes on my friend. I am not single by choice, I just have a hard time finding an open minded person in my country. I have the origins, but was born and lived my childhood in another country and not the same as Lebanese close minded traditions and culture.
    I don't know about you, but frankly, I would rather be living in the USA for a better chance in my career and love life.

• Advantages of being single- Total freedom. No need to discuss anything. Just do as you please. Feel like blowing all your money on something stupid? Go for it. Feel like taking off? Call in at work and go. Feel like moving? Do it.

Disadvantages- Long stretches of time between getting laid. Not having someone to enjoy good times with you. Not having that motivator in your life.

Advantages of a relationship- You have someone to enjoy the good times with. You can tackle obstacles as a team. You can focus on the truly important stuff not having to think about finding someone.

Disadvantages of a relationship- Those phases where you find yourself jerking off more than when single. When the inevitable strain of your life is suddenly combined with the strains of someone elses.

Bottom line- The advantages of being single outweigh the advantages of being in a relationship. But that is where love comes in. You love someone so much, that their presence means more to you than all of those things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being in a relationship is fun, and it is nice to have somebody to go home to. More cuddles, and the trust allows for some kinks you can only do with trust (like blindfolded and bondage). Down side is after a while things do settle and become work, but the work is worth it if the person is worth it.

Being single is great and allows a bit of sexual freedom you can only experience without a partner (flirting with strangers, dancing a bit riskier, being bold since you have nobody to be loyal to, not stressing about another person and just living solo and free). It can be lonely to not have somebody to cuddle, but you can still confide in friends and have platonic intimacy with people until you're not single anymore.

While both have pros and cons, just remember you're a bad ass who isn't defined by whether they're in a relationship. You're you when you're alone, you're you when you're with somebody. Keep being your bad ass self 😎