What are the advantages/disadvantages of being single vs being in a relationship?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of being single vs being in a relationship?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• In my own honest opinion, it depends on who you are, what you like and your own lifestyle.
    Even though, living it alone is harsh and cruel honestly. Imagine finding the right soul that shares the same lifestyle as yours, how would your life be? Compare it with living it alone, again, how would that other option be?
    In both situations there are advantages and disadvantages. But when you are in a relationship with the right soul, the "Balance" will weight more on the "Advantages" plate.
    - Having a meal alone or sharing it with someone?
    - Playing video games alone or with your SO? (yes, she could be a gamer or musician)
    - Going for a walk alone or while holding your lover's hand?
    - Holding your pillow on bed at night while sleeping or having your arm around your life time partner?
    - After a long hectic day, you get home, would it comfort you to stay by yourself between four walls or have your SO listen to you and making you feel better?
    - Would you rather watch TV alone or share a nice episode of an interesting TV series with your lover?
    - Face life's bad events alone or hand in hand with your SO?
    etc...
    The list goes on my friend. I am not single by choice, I just have a hard time finding an open minded person in my country. I have the origins, but was born and lived my childhood in another country and not the same as Lebanese close minded traditions and culture.
    I don't know about you, but frankly, I would rather be living in the USA for a better chance in my career and love life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Advantages of being single- Total freedom. No need to discuss anything. Just do as you please. Feel like blowing all your money on something stupid? Go for it. Feel like taking off? Call in at work and go. Feel like moving? Do it.

Disadvantages- Long stretches of time between getting laid. Not having someone to enjoy good times with you. Not having that motivator in your life.

Advantages of a relationship- You have someone to enjoy the good times with. You can tackle obstacles as a team. You can focus on the truly important stuff not having to think about finding someone.

Disadvantages of a relationship- Those phases where you find yourself jerking off more than when single. When the inevitable strain of your life is suddenly combined with the strains of someone elses.

Bottom line- The advantages of being single outweigh the advantages of being in a relationship. But that is where love comes in. You love someone so much, that their presence means more to you than all of those things.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Being in a relationship is fun, and it is nice to have somebody to go home to. More cuddles, and the trust allows for some kinks you can only do with trust (like blindfolded and bondage). Down side is after a while things do settle and become work, but the work is worth it if the person is worth it.

Being single is great and allows a bit of sexual freedom you can only experience without a partner (flirting with strangers, dancing a bit riskier, being bold since you have nobody to be loyal to, not stressing about another person and just living solo and free). It can be lonely to not have somebody to cuddle, but you can still confide in friends and have platonic intimacy with people until you're not single anymore.

While both have pros and cons, just remember you're a bad ass who isn't defined by whether they're in a relationship. You're you when you're alone, you're you when you're with somebody. Keep being your bad ass self 😎

3|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Disadvantage of single - lonely, feels bored often
    Advantages of single - more free times, get many things done faster, no relationship stress

Disadvantages of relationship - stress, take up a lot of ur times
    Advantages of relationship - smile more, feels loved, enjoy life more

1|1
    0|0
  • advantages of being single: everything
    disadvantages of being single: nothing

2|6
    0|0
    • I'd love to know how that works out for you in the long run though. Some people are happy and free being alone but I can tell from experience that beeing single for 30 years isn't something to look forward to. That being said, kudos to you.

• Show All
    • @Gobbie only time will tell but thanks man

• @Chaoseverywhere you are very welcome

• Well to my own understanding I feel being single give you a free mind to do whatever you want to do. You are not restricted to anything. You decide where, when, how and what to do.
    Disadvantages are much it gives room for loneliness and boredom. There are sometimes you need someone to. Share your deep thought and mind with but there will be no one.
    Being in a relationship is good only when you come. Across the right one and you can't find the right one if you are not the right one yourself.

2|2
    0|0
  • Being single your free to date anybody and do anything you want with no consequences While being in a relationship you have to communicate and tell the person your schedule and your also stuck to that person through good and bad times.

0|0
    0|0
  • you get to eat your all food 😁.. that's the advantage.

it's sad to eat alone. that's the disadvantage 😁

3|4
    0|0
  • Advantages of being single: you aren't accountable about what you do and where you are to anyone (maybe except of your parents), you can flirt around as much as you want to
    Disadvantage: you might feel lonely becauase over time all of your friends might get in relationships and you end up alone most of the time
    Advantage of relationship: the only way to get sex and cuddles if you aren't into casual, you always have someone to spent your time with
    Disadvantages: you might get restricted on how often you might go out and meet your friends if your partner wants more of your time to himself. (High) possibility of unnecessary drama, depending on how good you get along.

In general, I won't want a relationship just for the sake of it, only if I really feel that the person is "worth it"

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have a partner then chances are of you die, someome will notice.

Every person is different and therefore the benefits are various. I enjoyed being single, but I also love my partner and the life we have together.

For some reason I'm hesitant to say I prefer not being single. Both have their merits. I love my partner, I may not necessarily love being a couple... I love him but I struggle to see how being a couple is better than single. It's just different. You can be happy and unhappy in either situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're single you can look at whoever you want however you want.
    When in a relationship you can always chat with your partner and admire they're beauty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I'm having a bit of trouble finding disadvantages with being in a relationship right now even though I know there are plenty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single: money, freedom.
    Relationship: sex (maybe) more often (maybe), a (nother, hopefully) dependable (hopefully) friend (hopefully).

0|0
    0|0
  • Advantages of being single is that you control and decide what to do with your life. You do not have responsibilities to a partner, child etc.

Disadvantages of being single, you have to do everything yourself, house cleaning etc, and you come home to an empty house

Disadvantages of being married, you need to consider your partner in everything you do. This means you may have to stop doing things because it could impact your partner negatively.

Advantages of being married, you're not alone, and you have a house to go to with someone that cares about you. You also share each others responsibilities

0|0
    0|0
  • There are no advantages I been single all my life so I know

0|0
    0|0
  • If you single you have chance to focous on yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Being in a relationship = in house pussy
    Being single everything else

0|0
    0|0
  • Money vs Action.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being single, you can fuck whomever you please

0|0
    0|0
  • Shouldn't those all be self explanatory?

0|0
    0|0
  • Bro you save a ton of money.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being single is great until you want someone who is more than just a fling, but being in a relationship can be bad if you dont want something long lasting, i guess more of a question would be commited relationship vs single. But if you like doing your own thing then stay single but if you find yourself desperate for someone, someone you want to be around 247 then be in a relationship. Im personally in a relationship that has lasted for a year so far and i have doubts every now and then but knowing she trusts me and cares a great deal about me, makes those doubts go away. If you want to live your life to the fullest it doesn't have to be one way or the other, you can do that with a significant other but if you want to go out drinking and be reckless and not have much responsiblilty than you're probably best being single.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes