Boyfriend pointed out female and said he would pay for me to get surgery for an ass like hers?

He said it was a joke but at the time I didn’t think it was funny. I just kept my mouth shut in utter shock of the situation. We’ve been seeing each other for almost a year and nothing like this has ever happened. I talked to him about it the next day and he had no idea the comment bothered me and wished I had told him what I was feeling after he said it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well consider it was a joke, a stupid one that he didn't think about before saying but a joke none the less. Dwelling on every stupid thing your partner says is just going to ruin the relationship and to be honest you have probably said things that hurt him to. No one is perfect and some times we say things that are meant to be funny but end up being insulting. It happens. Now if he does something like that again, then that's when its an issue in which case you call him out on it or if your feeling vindictive point to a guys bulge and say how you would pay money for him to get surgery to get a dick like that, so he knows how it feels. Otherwise, just assume it was not meant to be insulting.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've joked like that too. It is just a joke nothing more nothing less. Next time something like that comes up be sure you talk to him about how you felt about it. Talking things out is usually the best thing you can do.

1|0
    0|0
    • But why joke about someone’s physical appearance? Like I don’t understand the motivation behind it.

• Show All
    • Honestly I was just shocked I couldn’t say anything. He said it like while laughing like it wasn’t all serious and laughed it off but I was just awe struck.

• Just talk to out with him. Not everyone has to be cool with every single joke. Set boundaries

• I would've slapped him a broke up with him on the spot. Nice self control. But if a guy is committed to the relationship, this wouldn't happen. So sooner or later this will just recur

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s why he said I should have just told him I felt disrespected so that it won’t happen again. I have a good poker face so it’s hard to tell what I’m feeling or thinking.

• Show All
    • If it happens again I definitely will say something trust and believe but I’m hoping he doesn’t 🙏🏻 I don’t need that drama

• Yea he just placed the blame on you. Best of luck 👍

• Right. If you're offended, and he doesn't feel it, fuck him girl. If he asks you about it, tell him to go tell that fuckin bitch with that huge ass (which might have been a great girl but who the fuck cares) his sad fuckin breakup.

0|0
    0|0
    • Piece of shallow ass boyfriend.

• Show All
    • Yeah exactly. Some men is just dumb and shit lol. Same goes to girls hence why I'm still single. Gotta find myself an intelligent confident girl. Haven't got her yet tho lol 😂

• It's AnJ, maybe you'll get a better one in the future, you never know.

• I think he was joking but often men don't know the things they say... will effect a woman or how much. I think you were right in reprimanding him for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its probably meant to be a joke. I have a similar crude sense of humor and I can relate to this situation on a spiritual level lol.

0|0
    1|0
  • He's a keeper. Don't let him go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it... if he pays for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Run. just run away

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems he doesn't like your ass